The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

No Spark for 2 and 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laser9320

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
I have a 91 talon 2.0 NT that will turn over, but won't start. It's not firing cyclinders 2 and 3. I've tried replacing the coils, transistor, CAS, plugs, wires, and ecu and still no spark for 2 and 3. I'm all out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions?

It is really starting to piss me off.. We have tried everything that it says in the manual and what not. Any advice is appreciated. Cause if we can't find the problem then it will all be coming out.

If cylinders 1 & 4 have spark, then the engine should run... run like crap, but run. since you state that the motor will NOT run, then there is a mysterious problem. Do you smell fuel [Is fuel getting to the cylinders?]? What's the history? ... Did the car ever run fine?
It sounds as if you changed every part that would cause the 'no run' issue already. I'm baffled! I wish that I could offer more help.
...However, please answer the questions.

I changed the fuel filter, checked and fuel is getting through the fuel rail. I haven't tested the injectors yet, thats next on the list. The car has 193,000 miles on it. One day is just stopped running. If I can't figure this out its all coming apart and a new engine is going in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back