The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

no spark after changing timing belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highrever

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2011
thompson, MB_Canada
hey guys i need help. I just finished changing my timing belt and while i was spinning the motor six times i sheard off two spark plug wires and when i tried to start the motor it would not start.? ifound out im not geting any spark from #2and #3 coil. I checked the two connections coming from the cams and crank and both are connected. so does anybody know what the problem is? did i do something wrong could the shearing of the wires do something or mess something up. any info would help thanks and I did replace the wires LOL

Disclaimer - have not done my Eclipse timing belt....
But when I did another asian car recently I found that I had to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes after the belt replacement to get the engine
to start.

Of course all procedures demand that the batery is disconnected first, but I often ignore this.

But when I could not get a start I disconnected the battery for a while the tried again.

So. Just my 2 cents.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back