The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

no reading on o2 bank 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurkF26

Supporting VIP
Sep 6, 2003
vacaville, California
I got my pocket logger all hooked up today and decided to see why i have been running pretty rich with random back fires. Well come to find out, i am getting NO reading, yes no voltage off o2 bank 1, but i am getting readings off bank 2. bank 2 will cut out sometimes and the car will throw a fuel trim check engine light.

anyways, the car runs fine and does not act as if an o2 is unplugged but does not have any readings for o2 bank 1.i even went under the hood and unplugged the 1st o2 sensor while the car was running and nothing happened. The car ran the same and drove the same. So i am trying to determine if either A the wiring for o2 bank 1 is jacked, or 2 i have some other serious problem.

Also the ECu will not throw a code for a bad bank 1 o2 sensor or anything related to that. The only one it threw was the one i listed about the fuel trim. P0170

any help will be greatly appreciated.

I suppose its possible that the wiring to an O2 sensor could be bad, but its much more likely that the sensor itself is broke. Invest the $50 or so in a new one and see what happens.

ok cool i am gonna have to go get a new one.

one more question, i got another CEL today and cannot find out what caused it or what it means.

P0125. Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control

what or how can i correct this or is it a random code?

i replaced front o2 and still get no reading and only a constant .06V which never changes but no CEL now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back