The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
I was just given a 90 eclipse dohc ds turbo. It was stolen it needed a steering colum.When I replaced it thought it would work but, I does not seem to be getting power to the fuse box under the colum. The ignition switch does not does not seem to do any thing. I can not get my windows,seat beats,headlights,running light,turn signels,or radio to work.:banghead: some one please help

Solution
I now have power to brake lights, 4-way way, and the interior lights. When I hooked the battery up there aren't any sparks but the relay your the hood marked TAIL makes a clicking sound i still do not have power to windows,headlights,or running lights, or radio

Thanks to prophecymiller his advise got me to check the under hood releys. I figured the tail lights were shorted out. I repaired it now every thing works fine and no batt drain
I put a new battery in the car, check the fuses. Is there a relay that could be messing me up i replaced the ones under the hood. note. my car wont try to start.

Do you have power to anything at all? Make sure your battery cables are connected and clean and check your ground wire for corrosion and connection. If you have a multimeter, you can check for continuity in the ground cable.

I now have power to brake lights, 4-way way, and the interior lights. When I hooked the battery up there aren't any sparks but the relay your the hood marked TAIL makes a clicking sound i still do not have power to windows,headlights,or running lights, or radio

Thanks to prophecymiller his advise got me to check the under hood releys. I figured the tail lights were shorted out. I repaired it now every thing works fine and no batt drain

Last edited:
Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back