The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

NO power after 4k ahhhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilkoreanboy

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2005
panama, Florida
ok my car is just about stock 91 talon tsi.... the problem is when i puch it the car accelerates fast then when it hits about 4k theres a sudden lose of power please help me .... i changed spark plugs not the problem shit makes me pissed how i cant have power.

I did fix my prob. by replacing the ecu. The caps were leaking and causing various problems. Hope this is of some help.

No, I really did not notice anything abnormal on my board like some people have. The diff. however was very significant for me.

I still think this is phantom knock, my lifters don't tick very loud at all, sometimes they're silent. But I still get phantom knock fairly often. Usually if it been a while since an oil change.

I hope you figure this out, but you already know what I think the problem is.

Hey, i was just wondering if you had an update on this??? I am actually having the same problem, my car will spool up and make some ok power until about 4200 rpm and then it just hesitates like someone is holding the motor back from putting out power-I have replaced my spark plugs and wires with the factory ngk plugs, and I just replaced my leaking pcv with a non leaky one and my injector seals were leaking boost too so i replaced those- no more boost leaks but still same problem, I also borrowed a stock intake and mas from a friend with the same car to rule out my mas is working fine. I think it must be a tps or a map sensor that is not functioning properly, Let us know if you have figured it out!!!!

Steven

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back