The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

No one Around that has a DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinister96

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 5, 2012
Saint Clair Sho, Michigan
WTF, there's no one here that has a DSM that does anything? I can't believe i'm the only one. Maybe i'm the only one that looks at this post then, LOL.
Come on guys i know theres people out there that do there own wrenching, i know i do.
Lets get together and do some work. I'm a fresh new 2g GSX auto beater owner and i gotta get this thing together for the summer. I'm willing to help anyone that helps me.
Let me know.

Im in Rochester, there are a few more in my area, a few in the Royal Oak area.

Lansing is checking in. I will be at the shootout to spectate :rolleyes: I will see you all there.

Just purchased a 97 GST Spyder, my first DSM. From the Grand Haven / Grand Rapids area. Anyone here meet anywhere??? Text me sometime 616-550-9003, name is Jay.

Whats up guys, just checking in. For anyone who dont know me my names Tim, im out in Eastpointe. Got a 2g auto thats down for the count, LOL. Redlined a little to long on the freeway in 3rd because my o\d was out and believe i broke a piston or wrist pin. Will be doing a rebuild this winter, probably starting about the 3rd week of january. Rebuilt bottom end or buying a SBR stg2 6 bolt short block, rebuilding the trans with an ipt kit, and a few other odds and ends. Gonna be in a heated garage. If anyone wants to come chill and help or just watch and learn some shit hit me up. Anyone that comes and helps will get help in return, ill be building up quite a bit of power tools so anything will be possible. Numbers 586-209-8682, text is better dont answer to many numbers i dont know.
I'm hoping to have it done by the beginning of march and if all goes well would like to start up a regular meet this summer, maybe get a group to go to speed industries for a dyno day, have a regular monthly milan meet or lapeer even, and get some guys up and ready for a shoot-out caravan.

Whats up guys, just checking in. For anyone who dont know me my names Tim, im out in Eastpointe. Got a 2g auto thats down for the count, LOL. Redlined a little to long on the freeway in 3rd because my o\d was out and believe i broke a piston or wrist pin. Will be doing a rebuild this winter, probably starting about the 3rd week of january. Rebuilt bottom end or buying a SBR stg2 6 bolt short block, rebuilding the trans with an ipt kit, and a few other odds and ends. Gonna be in a heated garage. If anyone wants to come chill and help or just watch and learn some shit hit me up. Anyone that comes and helps will get help in return, ill be building up quite a bit of power tools so anything will be possible. Numbers 586-209-8682, text is better dont answer to many numbers i dont know.
I'm hoping to have it done by the beginning of march and if all goes well would like to start up a regular meet this summer, maybe get a group to go to speed industries for a dyno day, have a regular monthly milan meet or lapeer even, and get some guys up and ready for a shoot-out caravan.

I'm down to give you a hand, especially if you're gonna help in return. I'm about to swap a new-ish motor into my 1Gb and will need an extra set of hands soon, I'm picking up a engine hoist in the next week or so and a torpedo heater. Not sure if you've seen this piece before, but I picked up a valve spring compressor from Euro Export and the Jay's timing belt kit so I'm all set to be working on DSM's again. I'll hit you up this wknd and formally introduce myself.

im out in muskegon down for the winter tho hope to be up and runnin by summer 97 gst

Lake Orion here. I don't really know any DSM enthusiasts anywhere near me, so I make up for it with more than one.

Hey there,
Checking in from westland area. i have a 98' fwd auto Talon TSI. I love the power this thing has and want more. It has a 3" exhaust on it with a cold air and a MBC plus a 190lph walbro. stock everything else until i solve this fuel cut problem.
I would be game to meet up with people from our area.
Hit me up at 734-968-3388
Ryan

Hey there,
Checking in from westland area. i have a 98' fwd auto Talon TSI. I love the power this thing has and want more. It has a 3" exhaust on it with a cold air and a MBC plus a 190lph walbro. stock everything else until i solve this fuel cut problem.
I would be game to meet up with people from our area.
Hit me up at 734-968-3388
Ryan

Youre getting fuel cut on a lightly modded T25? Assuming the mods in your profile are up to date but I'm not sure if fuel cut is possible with those mods or even possible with a T25. I can put the gas pedal to the floor on my 2g T25 at about 13-15 lbs of boost and have be never seen fuel cut. Of course, it runs out of steam at around 5k rpms... :ohdamn:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I just wanted to add this bit of info because you may have other issues going on there.

Last edited:
It could be but I doubt it. Fuel cut happens when the ECU is seeing more air than it is programmed to and cuts the signal to the injector sequence to keep your engine from leaning out and destroying itself, you know when you hit fuel cut, feels like hitting a brick wall. The question is with the MBC did he adjust boost level with out a tuning method, if so could be knocking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back