The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

no oil presure new motor HELP !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoooling4g63

Probationary Member
Jan 18, 2010
las Vegas, Nevada
HI guys , i got a lil problem getting the oil pressure in my newly build 4g63 , i pulled the oil pump gears out so i can clean everything , i put tham back together and back in the motor , now when i try to build oil pressure there is none ( before i try to crank the car my oil level is perfect but after i crank the car the oil level rises ) is there any way i put the gears in wrong way ?? it seems like the pump is not sucking the oil , it looks like pump is actually pushing air into the oil pan ,,, is this evan possible ??? any hints will help thanks

Did you make sure the teeth marks facing each other when you installed them?

Did you prime the oil system? Make sure oil is coming out of the ofh first?

hey thanks you guys ,that did it , if any of you ever come to vegas just let me know i"ll pay for some lap dances :)

thanks again guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back