The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

No oil getting to head?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Mark Dongon

Proven Member
Feb 7, 2019
Stockton, California
I'm trying to prime my rebuilt engine but there isn't any oil getting to the lifters when I spin the oil sprocket with a drill. Has brand new 3g lifter I bleed them out before install, oil pump was reconditioned and did a balance shaft delete. I filled the engine with only 3.5 quarts is that enough to reach the oil strainer or do I need to put more oil?

Last edited:
Have you put anything in the pump to prime it, like assembly lube or some Vaseline/grease? It'll be hard for a dry pump to pull up oil.

Otherwise you may have a big air leak somewhere.
Figured out that was the problem! I put some petroleum jelly and now oils getting to the head! I didn't think lube would fix it, but your right!

Figured out that was the problem! I put some petroleum jelly and now oils getting to the head! I didn't think lube would fix it, but your right!

Did you by chance inspect the shaft and gears, since they were run for a while with a low weight lubricant? Hate to have the oil pump take a crap from galling or scoring.

and all inside surfaces of the pump as aluminium is softer than steel..

@BLACK'98DSM nobody's arguing, I felt I needed reassurance I was being tricked by a perspective distortion haha. I thought I was going crazy but it makes sense when one looks at the centre round part of that gear

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back