The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

No need for old laptops to tune!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We all know no modern laptop supports serial adapters anymore.

Since serial adapters we have come along way (USB1-3 as of posting this in April 2011), the industry standard is now USB. So you may be trying to find a antiquated laptop to tune with. Don't waste your money!

Simply find a USB to serial adapter. A simple search search on your favorite search engine will result in a USB to serial adapter.

I personally went through a company called Sewell. At the time I purchased it they were the cheapest to go through.

Once you have decided on a adapter you will need to find a driver for your adapter. DO NOT BUY AN ADAPTER BEFORE YOU CAN FIND A DRIVER FOR IT! Some companies may not sell adapters for your operating system so it may be pointless to buy that adapter in the first place!

To find the driver on their website simply find their support tab and search for your adapter, then you will want to select your operating system and download it.

I should have written this up a long time ago, I'm sick of seeing people buying laptops that are being sold for ridiculous prices when there is a cheap and easy alternative.

I hope this helps you guys!

If you have any questions don't feel bad PMing me on where to buy one or how to find a driver for a certain OS. Just don't expect me to find a Linux or Mac driver for you since they usually don't exist.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back