The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

no more 1g.. sad to say goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HondaHunter2002

20+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2002
Windsor_Ontario
:cry:
i seized the motor on my 1g n/t 5 speed.. had the car for 2.5 years.. member of dsmtuners for 1.5 years... it just wouldn't make sense to rebuild the motor.. this is the second time it happened :...( i have the worst luck.. first time bad oil pump.. this time there was a valve bent.. ) my mom told me if i waste any more money on my talon than she would take me off her insurance.. than i'd have to pay out the a$$ as a primary driver.. damn near 400 dollars a month.. god i love canadian government dunno if ur insurance is as bad as ours.. it just wouldn't make sense to drive this car for that high of insurance.. i figure i'll sell it as is with all the new parts for whatever i can get... part with my losses and save up for a brand new car..
i need some tuner help though, what do you guys think is a fair price to ask for it?? i'm canadian so if you tell me in american please specify..
it has 4 new tires 90% life still.. new rad, new clutch, tranny rebuilt last december, brand new battery, new exhaust from flex pipe back, new brakes and some new sensors.. throttle position sensor and o2.. would cruise thru a safety test if i rebuilt it.. i dunno what do you guys think? ever sold one? how much would u pay?
thanks for any opinions gentlemen

also from when the first time motor was rebuilt it got a new timing belt, new oil pump, water pump, pulleys and a few other small things
sorry forgot to include that

Not sure how much you should ask but I'm in Windsor too and if you're going to part it out let me know. I could use some new sensors, and yes insurance is crazy. If I'm a full time driver it's around 4000 canadian a year. Since I got lucky, I'm part time and under my parents so it's only like 1200/year full coverage.
I might know some people who might be interested in buying your car though, when you figure out a price let me know and I'll ask them if anyone is interested.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back