The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G No lines for BCS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
I have two 4g63 2gs and while trying to get my second one running I noticed there were no lines going to or from the boost control solenoid, I know where the lines should go. But I was wondering why would someone do this, and what affect would this have on the car? Even more interesting I look at my other 2g and see the same thing except it has a hose going from the wastegate to the nipple on the turbo.

Car one: adjustable aftermarket blow off valve, otherwise all stock. Nothing connected to BCS.

Car two: all stock besides an egr delete. BCS is not capped off with nothing going to it, wastegate and turbo nipple connected.

Advice for cars given?

Last edited:
The wastegate would open sooner if hooked up direct, the BCS bleeds off some of the wastegate signal which delays the wastegate opening giving you a little more pressure.
If the BCS is disconnected someone probably at one point had a boost controller installed then removed it and hooked the wastegate up direct without trying to reconnect the BCS, no need to if you are selling a car really.

The wastegate would open sooner if hooked up direct, the BCS bleeds off some of the wastegate signal which delays the wastegate opening giving you a little more pressure.
If the BCS is disconnected someone probably at one point had a boost controller installed then removed it and hooked the wastegate up direct without trying to reconnect the BCS, no need to if you are selling a car really.

So can I leave it the way it is? If so do I need to cap off the BCS? Or should I just revert to stock route.

So I researched a little and anyone correct me if wrong, but apparently you can disconnect the BCS, cap off the intake nipple and then run a hose from the wastage to the compressor housing and the car will run off the wastegate pressure which is about 10-11 pounds and be done with it. Correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back