The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

no lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverEclipse96

Banned Member
Jul 17, 2004
chi, Illinois
I have no interior lights, belts, power windows, gauges, parking/head lights.

I checked all fuses & swapped relays. I also currently do not have a head unit.

Anyone know what the problem can be?

2nd question

Only time my interior lights and gauges go on is when I put the green/white wire (illumination) with the blue (ign) and red/black wire (bat). These are the wires from the radio harness

Does the head unit complete this circuit or do I just have a short somewhere?

Last edited:
I had a similar problem I had to check all the wiring and it ended up being a wire being becoming disconnected from the parking brake handle for the turbo timer... That led me to not have any lights at all! Inside and out...

I will check that when i get a chance. Thing i am not sure about is- does the head unit complete a circuit?

Here's how some clever people have solved the problem.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i had the same issue on my 2G, no lights at all. When i finished swapping the new dash, i rechecked every connection and it came out to be the dimmer. I never have own a 1G and don't know if they have a dimmer like the 2Gs have. IF they do, ill check that first, sorry if it doesn't have one.

Use a volt tester on just about every fuse. I spent about two hours trying to figure out a similar problem on my buddies car. His ended up being a short caused by the cig lighter being extremely corroded and causing a short. It never popped the fuse but didn't let anything else work properly.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back