The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G No lights no start but will jump off another car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that2G98

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2017
De Soto, Missouri
So basically i replaced the exhaust gaskets and swapped in a new driver fan. Car started fine let it sit so I could tighten mani bolts back down. Turned it off. Maybe 5 min later turned it on, lights were on but as soon as I flicked the key the lights went off and no crank at all, lights stay off till hooked up to another car for jump. I can jump it fine but as soon as I disconnect after maybe 30 seconds the lights will dim and unless I give it gas the battery will die. Alternator tested fine, battery i bought new after this started happening. Fuses are fine. My fire wall ground is good, havent had a chance to check the other. Terminals are maybe 3 months old. When I hook jumpers up to my battery I can spark the other end 2 or 3 times then nothing. Anyone have any idea?

Sounds like a grounding issues, or the battery terminals are not tight enough.

The ground wires like to fray off where they go into the connectors (especially the one on the firewall off of the battery) , eventually fraying enough to cause issues like this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back