The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

No Internal Lights/No Rear Driving Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myko189

Probationary Member
Apr 14, 2003
ColoradoUS
Good lord.
I just picked up a 96' RS Eclipse (92k miles) from some crappy ghetto dealership, took it out for 2 test drives (daytime, mind you) everything was fine...

I sign the paperwork, drop 1000$, sign away my freedom, and life with only 1 job to pay for this beast... No internal lights "Oh it's just a fuse" I'm like yeah ok.

I check the blinkers, the left one blinks normally, the right one seems to throw people into epileptic seizures (Relay problem?) also, the right front headlight is a bit dimmer than the left...

I have no rear driving lights, brake lights work, reverse lights work, but when my headlights are on, nadda in the back... I'm pretty angry, I love the car, and only want them to fix these problems... Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

-Seperate issue.
When I went to take the car "home" it was dying on idle, every time I pushed in the clutch, and wasn't giving it gas, it'd just bog out and die... If I fed it a little gas and rode the clutch a bit (GAH!) it wouldn't stall, but it was very annoying driving to the gas station... They blamed it on a very low tank, I fill it up, go to leave, the problem stops.

I get home, show my roommates my car, take one of them around in it, no issues, take the other one around in it... Stall on stop, stall on stop, stall on stop.

Gave it back to the dealership, they returned it to me a couple days later, the problem seemed to be fixed... I drove it pretty hard all weekend to make sure, and now it's doing stall-fakes under the same circumstances.... NOT dying, but the rpms drop to like 500 or so, maybe a little lower, than kick back up to just under 1000.

The only mods on the car, are the K&N Drop in Air Filter, and MagnaFlow Exhaust

Any help or advice on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated... I'd rather fix it, than have to excersize my boxing experience on some worm's face.

Scratch the idling issue, the moron mechanics didn't put the air filter back in, I had to snag one from AutoZone, that's cleared up.

But I'm still havin' a problem w/the rear driving lights... internal lights, and right blinker.

Any ideas? Please help.

my guess would be a fuse somewhere, not sure which one. my fuse blew when changing the lights on the rearview mirror... that, the CD player, my alarm, and a few dash lights quit working. found the fuse, replaced it, all better

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back