The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A No heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
I just got a 1999 eclipse RS and I can't seem to get any heat from the heater core. The previous owner looped the 2 lines going to the heater core inlets so I hooked those lines back up. I ran the car for 15 minutes and had no leaks and no heat coming from the vents. My thought was to maybe run a flush maybe? Any thoughts or ideas as to why I don't have any heat would be awesome. Thanks

The fact that they are looped tells me there was a problem with the core at a point in time.

Since no coolant was in it; probably became clogged with sludge. Unclogging it will probably only reveal a leaking core.

I see a dash removal in your future.

- Daniel

The fact that they are looped tells me there was a problem with the core at a point in time.

Since no coolant was in it; probably became clogged with sludge. Unclogging it will probably only reveal a leaking core.

I see a dash removal in your future.

- Danie
So I ran a cleaner through and after about ten minutes of idle I started getting some heat. I was going to check for leaks at the hoses leading to the heater core are there any other places I should be looking for leaks? Thanks.

So I ran a cleaner through and after about ten minutes of idle I started getting some heat. I was going to check for leaks at the hoses leading to the heater core are there any other places I should be looking for leaks? Thanks.
If the core is bad it will leak internally inside the hvac box. It would leak onto the passenger side floor and out of the bottom of the hvac box on the passenger side.

If I was there I could tell if it was leaking just by the smell of the heat. If you know what I mean then you know 😝.

-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back