The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

no heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napkinthief

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Cliffside park, New_Jersey
well i had a problem with my coolant leaking from my lower coolant hose. replaced the hose with some new clamps and the coolant doesn't leak, but about 2 days later, i have no more heat. How can i check if my heater core went out or if its something else? the air blows out its just cold.

Well, if you are sure it's full then it's likely a flow or a blend door problem. Feel your heater hoses to see if they are hot. One should be hotter than the other as the hotter of the two is the flow toward the core. If they are both hot to the touch then I would look inside at the controls. Do your control knobs feel the same?

Check the hoses and post to let us know

Good Luck

Like Old Mitsu Tech said, you may have a clogged heater core, and need to flush it out. This happened to my brother's Trans Am, and we flushed it out with a hose, put new coolant in it, and viola! We had heat once again.

Old Mitsu Tech said:
Do your control knobs feel the same?

Check the hoses and post to let us know

Good Luck

If I was new here I would swear you are hitting on me.

Lost the thread, Ill check it out tommorrow, the heater hoses should be warm after 10 minutes of idle, or after a long drive? I drive 40 miles to work at 50-90 MPH depending on traffic.

Its so cold outside that today halfway there, I stopped by a gas station, popped my hood and stood infront of my engine for 5 minutes pretending something was wrong to get warm. LOL

Ok I got some new coolant, and added it. The car was already warm, but I immediately noticed heat for almost 30 minutes. The heat again went away and now its just blowing air, not as cold as it was before I added. I didn't get to check it again when I got to work, but I will before I leave, and add more as neccessary. I think the problem with the coolant was I only put in one gallon and some water, but it was already a 50 50 mix. I got the prestone unmixed this time and put in about 1/4 gallon, then filled the rest from a gallon of water. Less tha 1/4 water added so I think im at around 55 45 mix right now.

Will do the heater core thing tommorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back