The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G No function of several components at one time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenForever

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2016
Leipzig, Germany, Florida
Hi guys,
first of all - sorry for my bad English, I am German and I'll try my best.

I drive a European 4g63 2g eclipse and I have a problem (as you might already have guessed)...

A lot of components of my eclipse are out of function: there is no a/c, no ventilation in general, no window lifter, no rear window heating and also no abs. I don't have a clue what it could be - maybe the ignition lock? Something related to that?

Maybe someone already had that problem and can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Jasmin

It's sounding like a fuse. Check those first since they're the easiest thing on the list of troubleshooting.

Last edited:
First: thanks for the quick help, even though I don't have a positive result yet :/

I just checked all fuses and they are all alright. The systems worked just fine when I bought the car last year in November. I only recognised that sometimes when I started the car the ABS symbol light in my dash stayed a little longer as normal but it usually went away on its own..

I'm gonna check the alternator and the starter next. I sometimes have a weird noise when starting the motor - maybe that's related.

Just for your information:

I brought my car to the garage today - the board of the fuse box is broken, the fuses themselves are all fine. i have no clue how this could happen, but it is how it is.

thanks again for the quick help.

Is there any physical damage to the metal the fuse box was bolted to? I got friend who had a busted up fuse box in his '85 Toyota Levin that I finally got fixed and working a few weeks ago. His was destroyed in a side impact, and then further damaged when the frame was straightened.

I'm actually having the same issue with my new GSX. Fog lights only work if I hold the switch (I think this is only a switch problem though), rear wiper and defroster don't work, neither cruise control switch works, power mirrors don't work, horn doesn't work, and the parking brake light is always illuminated, but randomly goes off for a few seconds. Previous owner explained that one to me though.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back