The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

No front speakers in 1G after CD Player install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaPurpleRT

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2003
Virgie, Kentucky
I installed a Kenwood KDC-215S in my 1G tonight and I only get sound from the back speakers? I'm pretty damn sure everything is hooked right as I triple-checked.

Could the headunit not be able to use them? Incompatible? Or did I leave sometihng unhooked/hooked wrong? Or something else?

TIA, Ryan

Check the wiring harness. Try to screw with the adjustment between front and back speakers on the HU

Any more ideas?

There was 4 wires for each of the front speakers. For example, for driver's side - two negative, two positive - Do all 4 of these wires need to be hooked up to work or just 1? I think it has because of the dash and door speakers.

thanks for your help fellas.

-Ryan

Have you ever thought of checking the balance and fader of the headunit? It could only be that. I know there is a harness that is sold to connect the headunit to different type of car.

Did you have an infinity system?

I had to unplug the factory amp and run wires down to the plug "after" the amp to get my tweeters on

I use a set of crossovers left over from a set of 6.5 rockford components.

Don't wire the tweets straight, be sure to use some type of crossover on them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back