The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

NO FENDER ROLLING 1g AWD w/coilovers wheels and tire size? Wheel suggestion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxthepersonz

Supporting VIP
Feb 3, 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
Looking for the correct wheel and tire size/offset setup to run without having to roll fenders. This car will see the street most of the time and an occasional drag day. I don't want to run any kind of wheel spacers either unless it's completely necessary. Car has full D2 drag coilovers and will be over 500awhp through the auto. Need something that will hook up.

I have read around a lot and most guys say to run a 17x8 +45 offset. Is this correct?

I really like the look of the Motegi Traklite wheels. Which I think they used to make in this size but now I can only seem to find them in a 17x8 +40 offset and 17x7 +45 offset. Which would be the best option? Also RPF1s guys from another post said to run a 17x9?

I have no problem with grinding rear control arms a little bit which is one thing that I read I'm going to make those tubular anyways and then I won't need to do this.

Make me some suggestions on lightweight wheels that also look decent on our cars!?
I WILL NOT roll my fenders unless I absolutely have to. I really dislike the idea of it and this is a very clean car.

Thanks guys and happy new years to you all!

I'm rolling on 17x9 RPF1s with +35mm offset, 255x40 tires. No fender rolling here and I autox and road race the car. Koni yellows with GC springs.

I'm rolling on 17x9 RPF1s with +35mm offset, 255x40 tires. No fender rolling here and I autox and road race the car. Koni yellows with GC springs.

You have no rubbing issues at all? Thank you for the reply man. Those are the wheels I love that's forsure.

Have any other pics of your car? How low is it?

Mainly just concerned about damaging my cars body at all. Can't let that happen.

Thanks again for the response.

How would 17x8+40 fit??
Just for reference evo 8 and 9 wheels are 17x8 +38 so the +40 would still out 2mm less. I run evo 9 enkeis on my 1g but stock height so can't really help. The evo rims will be easy to search fitmit for and give you an idea. Also think about the tire size you want to run, if you want to run a 245 then stay at minimum 8" wide. Good luck show us what you end up getting :thumb:

Just for reference evo 8 and 9 wheels are 17x8 +38 so the +40 would still out 2mm less. I run evo 9 enkeis on my 1g but stock height so can't really help. The evo rims will be easy to search fitmit for and give you an idea. Also think about the tire size you want to run, if you want to run a 245 then stay at minimum 8" wide. Good luck show us what you end up getting :thumb:

Thank you for the reply sir. This helps more. I ended up actually finding this out about the Evo wheels yesterday and ended up doing some reading. How bad do they stick out on your 1g? I figure if I just ran say a degree of camber they would tuck and I wouldn't have to worry about rolling fenders.

Has anyone lowered a car with Evo wheels on coilovers? What size tires? Just want to be sure on everything before I spend $1000 I could have spent on my motor LOL

Really wanting to go with these 17x8 +40 seems like it'll fit correctly with my coilovers.

I've got some old rotas, not sure what model, riding on 235/45/17. I have 5mm spacers on the back. Barely rub on the front unless I hit a bump at full lock

Attachments

• IMG_20160103_142645880-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20160103_142645880-1024x768.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20160103_142803687-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20160103_142803687-1024x768.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20160103_142747790-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20160103_142747790-1024x768.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 274
I've got some old rotas, not sure what model, riding on 235/45/17. I have 5mm spacers on the back. Barely rub on the front unless I hit a bump at full lock
You have some specs on those rims to help the op out? Are they 17x8 +40 like he is looking at getting?

OP: I can take a pic of the evo's on my 1g if it would help you.

I run evo 8 wheels with agx struts and gc springs. I fit 255/45/17 and don't rub.

I went with 17x9 RPF1's, 35mm in the rear, 42mm in the front, 255's all around. I did a TON of research and measuring before I bought these. I didn't like anything sticking out in the front which my previous 28mm's did. Needs just a bit more camber and lowered just a bit, but I'm real happy with the look and fitment.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I went with 17x9 RPF1's, 35mm in the rear, 42mm in the front, 255's all around. I did a TON of research and measuring before I bought these. I didn't like anything sticking out in the front which my previous 28mm's did. Needs just a bit more camber and lowered just a bit, but I'm real happy with the look and fitment
Moar pics please!

I went with 17x9 RPF1's, 35mm in the rear, 42mm in the front, 255's all around. I did a TON of research and measuring before I bought these. I didn't like anything sticking out in the front which my previous 28mm's did. Needs just a bit more camber and lowered just a bit, but I'm real happy with the look and fitment.

That has to be my new favorite 1Gb...not sure about the offset difference between front and rear though, nevertheless great looking car, congrats!

I may have to copy the Superman logo idea for the empty spot on my 1Ga talon grille, seems to fit perfect!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back