The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

No electricity....ECU bad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
So i was trying to start my car for the first time in about 3 months today. I put a new EPROM ecu in w/ dsmlink and it was all working fine.. had the ignition on tuning things with dsmlink. Tried to crank it a few times and it didnt crank but i dont think that has anything to do with my problem. DSMLINK gave me a 1300 DTC code and then i tried to crank it again and now no electricity will work in the car lights, ignition, nothing.. battery still has power, no fuses are blown, so im thinking the ecu somehow went?? could this problem be anything else besides the ecu?? would a bad power transistor make all electronics shut down?? i possibly blew that when i was trying to crank it. please let me know if u have any ideas

### i did the exact same thing on mine and know if im lucky it turns on but it shut off like in 2 seconds haha i've been searching for info calling shops around my area and 3 shops have told me that i probably fried the ecu....if you find the problem let me ill keep you updated if i have any luck

p.s. mine cranks but all of a sudden cuts all the power then keeps crankin

Double check the 100amp ignition fuse in the fusebox in the engine bay. That fuse will cause the same symptoms your describing.

Even if you didnt have the ECU/power transistor connected, you'd still have your lights

Double check the 100amp ignition fuse in the fusebox in the engine bay. That fuse will cause the same symptoms your describing.

Even if you didnt have the ECU/power transistor connected, you'd still have your lights

ya i know i should still have lights thats y i am completly confused.. i triple checked the igniton fuse but ill just change it for the hell of it and see if it works.. does autozone sell those fuses?

yES, they're a little bit longer but do the job just fine.

ok im gonna run up there and then change the fuse then ill check back

so i just changed the 100 amp and 60 amp fuseable fuses and i ran a line directly from the fuseable fuses to the battery and nothing.. what could this problem possibly be???
turned out there was a bad ground

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back