The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GVR-4 No dummy lights, no crank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lofty

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Right, so I have my whole battery system rewired and relocated on my GVR4, but the wiring is the same as a 1g.

I have the alternator wire ran to my killswitch, and my starter is getting power from a power distribution block.

I have 12v to the starter, I have 12v to the alternator. I have 12v with the Accessory wire with key on.

When I first rewired everything key on would give me a chime and I had my dummy lights.

Now key on does not give me a chime, no dummy lights, but I have headlights and dash lights. I do not have a click from the MPI Relay so I think that could be the issue. I was not getting signal wire to the fuel pump either. Rewired it to Accessory just to test and it works that way. I was able to crank it last night but now it does not crank, I get one click from the driver side of the dash by all those relays. Am I missing a ground somewhere? My wiring is kind of hacked by the ECU but the pigtail and wires to the MPI relay are untouched. Am I missing a ground somewhere? I also have 12v to pin number 3 on the pigtail of the MPI relay with key on, and that's the only one I'm getting power to (I think).

Should I throw in a different ECU? My board looks just fine, no leaking caps etc. Should I toss another MPI relay in for fun? There has to be something real simple I'm missing. The wire on my column could have touched together and popped a fuse, but I'm not sure which one to look for.
Steve or anyone have any input? Thank you

--Scott

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back