The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

No compression

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
My friend has a 96 gst wit bolt on mods and we were changing his spark plugs because he was gettin a 1 cly misfire, the spark plug in the first cylender was destroyed the sparkplug was missing the little white thing and the little bar that curves over. and the remaing peice of that spark plug was pure black so we changed his wires and plugs yesterday and he came back over today and his car was acting funny again like stuttering no acceleration really, so we pulled the spark plug and it was completely black, and his car has no compression. What could it be, valves, pistons, rings anything like that?

you probably burnt/bent a vavle.

do this.

get a vacume gauge and a bottle of oil. check the compression..

then add in about half of a capfull of oil via the spark plug hole get as much as you can on the piston.

re-check compression. if you have compression, even if it is not full (150 i think) then its your rings. else its a valve.

and if you have broken off a peice of your sparkplug then your probably dropped said valve.

which means a new piston most likely, and hopefully you didn't score the cyninder walls. else the block needs to be machined,

and probably a new head, because if the valve hit the spark plug and broke off a piece then it probably tore up that aluminum head as well.

yes...I speak from experience.

sorry man.

haha yea sounds like you have luckily its not my car but it still sucks, i will tell him about what u said

I realize this is an old thread, but I have a similar problem. My spark plug's porcelain broke off the other day, ran OK until I WOT'd it, but if it was 80% or so it ran fine and strong. I was wondering if there is possibility that my spark plug broke and I escaped damages?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back