The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

No boost on 20G!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pikul21gsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2004
Miami, Florida
Hey i need help with this, my 20g its not boosting, i have no leaks, other then a small one on mi intake manifold gasket, my boost gauge reads 16 of vacum, it always has been like that, when its supposed to hit it doesnt ROFL everything seems to be fine, i have no oil leaks on the compresor side, minimal shaft play, no smoke, and my bov its fine, my car revs to 3000 when the turbo its supposed to spool but it just doesnt, my boost gauge reads 0 psi, whats wrong? seems like the only thing i can do is take my turbo appart :confused:

Hey i need help with this, my 20g its not boosting, i have no leaks, other then a small one on mi intake manifold gasket, my boost gauge reads 16 of vacum, it always has been like that, when its supposed to hit it doesnt ROFL everything seems to be fine, i have no oil leaks on the compresor side, minimal shaft play, no smoke, and my bov its fine, my car revs to 3000 when the turbo its supposed to spool but it just doesnt, my boost gauge reads 0 psi, whats wrong? seems like the only thing i can do is take my turbo appart :confused:

Make sure the wastegate is attached to the flap, if its not then all the exhaust gas will just blow the flap open

My wastegate actuator its fine, just in case i mounted my old one to make sure its closed when it needs to, and no im not just reving the engine, im going for drives to check after the actuator swap :thumb: or see if anything has change :confused:

Internal gate, my turbo was spoolin' fine before, a went to the track las weekend, on 1st gear 18psi to redline, on 2nd only 14psi, on 3rd no boost at all, i have check everything mentioned above, i wanted to know what could be wrong before taking everything apart :(

BLT. If you have stock IC piping then there could be a tear in one of the rubber hoses, if you have hard IC piping, a leak from a coupler would explain why your not getting any boost. Is your BOV going off? What kind of boost gauge are you using?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back