The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

no boost need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2fast

Probationary Member
Mar 25, 2006
gaithersburg, Maryland
hey guys need a little help i send my pt61 turbo to precision for rebuild in the process of turbo rebuild i went ahead and added a tial 41m. wastegate on the o2 housing. cut the flapper .got the turbo back and i am not boostin. change spring in wastegate did boost leak test ran air with compressor before boost controller and wastegate open up but with turbo it doesn't. WTF@*** i dont get it. maybe they didn't do a good job a pt

well, i check the wastegate by pressure on one of the fittings .the hose that goes to that comes from turbo side in between that goes boost controller. also i did it while car was on . i been hearing pt sucks lately. i think i am going to send it back unless some tells me what else i should check...

Try unhooking your boost controller. Hook vacuum to the lower port and plug the top one, That should make you run spring pressure... And I don't think your problem is with the wastegate opening, it is with it staying closed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back