The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

no boost after a blt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernestotalon

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2011
anderson, South_Carolina
hi everyone i did a boost leak test in my talon today and fix intercooler leaks and didn't get to the injector leaks but when i put it all back together the car wouldn't have any boost with the pedal to the floor any suggestions on fixing this

If it built boost before the BLT then I would go back over everything that you touched. Make sure all clamps, hoses, and couplers on in place and not loose.

Did you hook everything back up?

I would suggest getting your injector seals replaced right away too along with any others you still may have.

yes it did do boost before but tom i will get the o rings for the injectors and look over all the clamps and hoses

If it boosted before and now it doesnt after you fixed the leaks theres something wrong there. I remeber one time my CAS was off a little bit and it wouldnt boost at all but then again when it was off it would fall on its face and i dont think that is what is happening here.

Do you have the original cloth/rubber intake piping? Those do get old and could crack/leak. Are you sure that when you worked on it the only leak was by the injectors?

i agree check your waste gate. I just sold a turbine housing to a guy who was having a similar problem. he was getting only 5 lbs if he redlined. But his was very obviously leaking by. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back