The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

no ac hooked up make belts squeal????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boost69

10+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2010
bristol, Pennsylvania
just put a after market crank pulley on and theres a spot on it for the ac belt but i didnt want to use ac , so i didnt hook it up not the belt squeals ?? i didnt know if maybe since the ac isnt hooked up its spinning the other belts fast makign them squeal since there is no drab from the ac belt ???

just put a after market crank pulley on and theres a spot on it for the ac belt but i didnt want to use ac , so i didnt hook it up not the belt squeals ?? i didnt know if maybe since the ac isnt hooked up its spinning the other belts fast makign them squeal since there is no drab from the ac belt ???

Not the case. If the a/c is not hooked up with a belt it will not spin at all. the belt is what drives the a/c from the crank. A sqeeky belt is either too loose or is worn/stretched and needing to be replaced. hope this helps.

There are sometimes where tensioning just won't get it, I've always had good luck with just putting a bit of rtv on my finger and letting it run on the underside of the belt to reduce noise, works like a charm, just don't get anything caught on the belt LOL.

Our engines don't like parts store belts, If you dont have an OEM belt from the dealership on your alt and power steering pump, go get the belts from a dealer, throw them on, Tension accoridng to specifications, and call it a day. :thumb:

If it is an aluminum crank pulley those can be pretty tough to get to stay quiet. Like others have said it is most likely your alternator belt. Your best bet would be to get a new oem belt and install it. It would also be a good idea to clean the pulleys to make sure they don't allow any slipping. Good luck:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back