The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink NLTS 2-3 and it was lean

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Just went to pick up some groceries and videos a pull. Didn’t bring my laptop so no log. I just noticed my afr’s were lean af at the beginning of 3rd. I’ve done pulls from 3-8k and they’re pretty dialed in. This can’t be normal?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How old is the sensor? It could be lagging from age? I just compared with my logs where I'm rowing thru NLTS (innovate LC-2) and I only get 0.35seconds of 22.4 reading during the shift. I think in your case the ECU is still running your target AFR but the gauge is lagging. You'd really need to double check with a log but usually if the gauge reads X for Y amount of time, then it would be the same within the log. Also double check your fuel map and make sure no odd lean cells have been tweaked at those early load levels.

How old is the sensor? It could be lagging from age? I just compared with my logs where I'm rowing thru NLTS (innovate LC-2) and I only get 0.35seconds of 22.4 reading during the shift. I think in your case the ECU is still running your target AFR but the gauge is lagging. You'd really need to double check with a log but usually if the gauge reads X for Y amount of time, then it would be the same within the log. Also double check your fuel map and make sure no odd lean cells have been tweaked at those early load levels.
The sensor isn’t that old. Got a new one last year, I think. I know it’s not my VE table because it doesn’t do that when I shift normally and from 3k to redline. Might try to calibrate the sensor.

I didn't calibrate the WB, too lazy LOL. Took it out for a cruise and I'm pretty sure it's the WB or sensor. Once it goes full lean (off throttle) then go back on throttle, it's really lazy. The range of laziness varies as you can see from the log. Will try calibration first, and try the old sensor if that fails.

Attachments

• log.2021.11.30-02.elg
    873.9 KB · Views: 13
I didn't calibrate the WB, too lazy LOL. Took it out for a cruise and I'm pretty sure it's the WB or sensor. Once it goes full lean (off throttle) then go back on throttle, it's really lazy. The range of laziness varies as you can see from the log. Will try calibration first, and try the old sensor if that fails.
My wideband is behaving in a similar way. I need to replace it but it has to wait till after the holidays. The pull you did was nasty Tony it's fast and makes all the best cool noises LOL

My wideband is behaving in a similar way. I need to replace it but it has to wait till after the holidays. The pull you did was nasty Tony it's fast and makes all the best cool noises LOL
Lol Thanks Jeff! I might look into another wb also idk. It’s been great until I noticed this WTF 🤬.

The Bosch sensors don’t last long with Innovate widebands especially if they’re very close to the turbo.
Mines about 3 feet away from the O2 housing. Iirc the last sensor was taking a bit longer to heat up but worked fine.

The Bosch sensors don’t last long with Innovate widebands especially if they’re very close to the turbo.
I've been wondering about this.
Innovate wideband users seem replacing the sensor more often than other brand users, even the same Bosch sensor. Perhaps the Innovate control unit itself has some sort of issue, that's why the sensor goes bad so often??? Or simply many DSMers use the Innovate wideband, that's why it appears to me like it happens more often with Innovate than with other brands???:confused:
I have never used any Innovate wideband, so can't speak about it. I have used AEM, PLX, Autometer and finally I have settled down to PLX. I now have a PLX wideband on both my 1g and 2g. I bought the unit on 1g back in 2010, it's with a Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor and a few weeks ago the sensor stopped reading correctly and I replaced it. Last time was about 10 years ago due to broken turbine wheel hit the sensor. The one on 2g is 6 years old and have never replaced the sensor. Both has the sensor on O2 housing, the same as factory front O2 sensor location.

I found out my 02 was acting funny from this digital voltage readout built into my air vent. I have an AFR gauge and EGT to track activity but this really comes in handy as the engine warms and you can watch the sensors activity.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back