The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Nitrous????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon5786

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 30, 2003
abingdon, Maryland
I wanna put nitrous on my 98 eagle tlon n/t what will i need to put on there to build it up for the nitrous to make the engine stronger any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks
Joe :talon:

just to warn you, do a bit of searching around the forums before you post a question like this...

Anyways, nitrous can be used on a stock car. The gains won't be as high, but you can. I reccomend at the minimum, Intake and a cat-back. Get a wet zex kit, they are the easiest to install and use, and if i were you with your experience, i would stay with a low setting.

PolkCounty_TSI said:
You need to make sure that your engine can stand the nitrous.

well yeah, you shouldn't do anything custom to your car if it isn't 100% working correctly mechanicly and motor electrical

Nitrous can be very safe, safer then turbos if you use it right. Its like a hot girl on std'd's. You wanna hit it hard but there can be conseqences!
-Get over to the nitrous fourm area. They helped me out a lot with general questinons.
Ben
PS I would go with NX before zex, lots of "sticking" problems with zex. Zex is good though!

plannin on going nitrous, huh? Well.. i have a 1998 Mitsu Eclipse Rs. From experience, nitrous is fun, but if u abuse it, it can be dangerous.

Anyway.. I have a Nitrous express wet kit. I spray around a 75 shot (safely) with just a Cai.. and upgraded plugs n wires. After askin' some questions on different boards, i would not recommend going any higher than a 75 shot on stock internals. I haven't experience any problems with nitrous, no problems have been done to the motor. What I do recommend is using high otctane (91 or higher). Ive tried using lower octane ratings, but after i sprayed, i heard knocking.. when i use higher octane ratings i dont hear anything.

Hope you enjoy it.. be safe.. peace!

GSGoinFast said:
What the hell is nitrous?
are you kidding me? you know, the big blue bottles and the big red buttons that dont exist on that sweet tubular movie called fast and the furious, and it makes u go so fast that everything is a blurry flash. man, that movie is lame.

Itzallstock said:
Nitrous can be very safe, safer then turbos if you use it right. Its like a hot girl on std'd's. You wanna hit it hard but there can be conseqences!
-Get over to the nitrous fourm area. They helped me out a lot with general questinons.
Ben
PS I would go with NX before zex, lots of "sticking" problems with zex. Zex is good though!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumb:

xcellr8 said:
are you kidding me? you know, the big blue bottles and the big red buttons that dont exist on that sweet tubular movie called fast and the furious, and it makes u go so fast that everything is a blurry flash. man, that movie is lame.

i think he was joking because he has a 75 shot listed in his vehicle profile under engine mods :dsm:

xcellr8 said:

i was waiting for someone to reply to that post seriously :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back