The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

nitrous users. where did you mount your solenoids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
looking to see where everyone mounted their solenoids. im looking to move mine so i dont get heat from track officials. i was already warned about the placement of them. ive since moved the fpr to comply as well with the nhra rule book.

heres a picture of where mine are mounted

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Great question. Now I don't have to ask :sneaky:
Nice picture so we can all see how you have it set up before you move them.
50 or 75 wet shot??? Or bigger?

I had mine on the driver side firewall. A cdi mount like that used on the sparktech boxes that mounts it on the driver side strut tower could work also.

im thinking about modding the solenoid brackets and doing something similar to this mount for the ls.

go this route using the top two throttle body mounts then bend them so they sit back towards the intake plenum.

Looks SLICK!!!

What is your LS in? Sounds FUN!!! I ran a 150 wet plate system on my 1973 Vega GT that had a 327 small block in it and it LOVED it.

That would be even cooler. I thought maybe you had other "projects" in the works too! :thumb:

well i tried mounting my solenoids off of the top bolts on the throttle body. unfortunatly it doesnt look like its going to work out as it still in line with the bellhousing area (or how it looked to me anyways). so im back to square one. if anyone has pics on how they mounted theirs and pass tech without issue please feel free to post them up.

This is where I'm mounting mine. Just have to find a couple of screws for the purge solenoid that I'm holding and finish the install of everything.

I didn't realize my kit was a wet kit (new to this nitrous thing) so I guess the solenoids are inside the square box. However I'm not going to use the fuel in/out side. Just the N20 in/out. Purchased a new single nozzle for the one line to go to versus the dual, even though I could've capped off the side I wasn't using. The purge solenoid will still be mounted in the location I'm showing, more than likely. Thing I'm unsure of at the moment is how to install the purge line to exit the vehicle. Oh, and going to relocate the relay to the firewall instead.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back