1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Nitrous question

Posted by JDR7919, Jun 8, 2016

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. JDR7919

JDR7919 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2005
    Titusville, Florida
    I have the nx proton kit with 35 50 75 100 shot. How do I use this to get my auto up on the converter? It is set up to work on a push button. Do I just bump the button a few times till it reaches the correct rpm for launching?

2. Kapok6

Kapok6 Proven Member

Joined Aug 10, 2004
    Fort Worth, Texas
    In for info as well.

Kapok6

Street Build 2K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    11.3 @ 130.75 · 1G DSM
  3. 90laserRSfwd

90laserRSfwd Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2007
    Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
    Short answer is yes, you just stage the car and engage the system via the momentary switch (push button). Until you reach your desired launch RPM.

Not so simple answer.. It would be a lot better to have an EMS system (such as DSMLink) active and deactive the nitrous. You'll likely pull through the brakes if you use to much (start with the 35 or 50 shot). YOU DO NOT PUSH AND RELEASE THE BUTTON MULTIPLE TIMES. This will cause the nitrous to puddle up in your upper intercooler pipe or manifold, causing a back fire or worse.. There is also a WOT switch option as far as activation goes.

No matter what option you choose, please use a bottle heater, pressure gauge, and safety blow down tube. Having to low bottle pressure (the heater puts heat into the bottle which in turn ups the bottle pressure), will lead to a fuel rich condition that will lead to problems you don't want LOL.

Hope this was helpful..

Street Build 188  1

rwd · automatic · 4G63t Swapped

2K  0

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    manual · 1G DSM
  4. 4g37 is the king

4g37 is the king Probationary Member

Joined Sep 16, 2019
    Rochester, New Hampshire
    Did you order your no2 set up and install installing it your own or did you get it pro done by a shop

5. Bo0sTeD 4G63

Bo0sTeD 4G63 Supporting Member

Joined Aug 31, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    I use ECMLink to control my nitrous it's alot easier that way. Also depending on how many rpm's you want to launch at would depend on the pill you would use. I use a 50 shot of nitrous and I can get my converter to spool to 4k without a problem. If you are using a push button system you would want to use some kind of 2 step system so it will hold the rpms where you want them.

Street Build 1K  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM