The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G NX proton nitrous question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDR7919

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2005
Titusville, Florida
I have the nx proton kit with 35 50 75 100 shot. How do I use this to get my auto up on the converter? It is set up to work on a push button. Do I just bump the button a few times till it reaches the correct rpm for launching?

Short answer is yes, you just stage the car and engage the system via the momentary switch (push button). Until you reach your desired launch RPM.

Not so simple answer.. It would be a lot better to have an EMS system (such as DSMLink) active and deactive the nitrous. You'll likely pull through the brakes if you use to much (start with the 35 or 50 shot). YOU DO NOT PUSH AND RELEASE THE BUTTON MULTIPLE TIMES. This will cause the nitrous to puddle up in your upper intercooler pipe or manifold, causing a back fire or worse.. There is also a WOT switch option as far as activation goes.

No matter what option you choose, please use a bottle heater, pressure gauge, and safety blow down tube. Having to low bottle pressure (the heater puts heat into the bottle which in turn ups the bottle pressure), will lead to a fuel rich condition that will lead to problems you don't want LOL.

Hope this was helpful..

Did you order your no2 set up and install installing it your own or did you get it pro done by a shop

I use ECMLink to control my nitrous it's alot easier that way. Also depending on how many rpm's you want to launch at would depend on the pill you would use. I use a 50 shot of nitrous and I can get my converter to spool to 4k without a problem. If you are using a push button system you would want to use some kind of 2 step system so it will hold the rpms where you want them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back