The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

nitrous + propane injection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyforestgst

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
san antonio, Texas
ok this isnt really an urgent post, but everyone can dream, eh?

my $300 propane injection kit is begging to get wired up. i initially got it in order to reduce knock when running on owl piss (pump gas).

now, though, i have the opportunity to get a really cheap generic nitrous system from a friend. i would initially say a wet kit for a turbo car, but the propane is there too...plus im kind of shying away from it until i replace the ole t25. i suppose this is a spur of the moment deal. i would get 35hp jets or something really small, because im running with no datalogger and stock internals. egt is pretty much all i get to go off of.

so what say you, the laughing gas dsmtuners?

i don't see it being a problem, but i'm and econ major, not a chem E major...let someone else try it first.

marshall

so you're going to have in your car an oxidizer in the nitrous, and fuel in a gaseous state. there's one other thing i remembered that had those components in it......................

THE FRIGGIN SPACE SHUTTLE ROCKET BOOSTERS!!!!!

seriously you just made a rocket powered dsm if something should happen.

just because you have fuel and an oxidizer doesn't mean you're going to blow stuff up. it doesn't light itself...and i don't know of any sparks in my throttle body.

marshall

obviously. but i was thinking more along the lines of an accident.

eh accident shmaccident

do it! :)

there are nitrous/propane combination kits for vipers...

i figure if my car is fuel injected, nitrous injected, propane injected, and air inducted it would be pretty speedy when tuned right. im just worried about rods flying through the side of my block, and egt's slightly hotter than the surface of the sun.

Originally posted by greyforestgst
... egt's slightly hotter than the surface of the sun.

Sun's surface temp: 6000deg C (10,000deg F)

-Bennett, Donahue, Schneider, Voit. The Cosmic Perspective, Second Edition. San Francisco: Pearson Education, 2002

(See, I have learned something in college, even if it is how to be a smart @$$ on web forums)

They sell Viper kits Propane and Nitrous. Around $1700....

As long as you get the mixture right you won't have a problem. Watch EGTs, AFR, adn detonation...all is good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back