The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

nitrous on stock motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lottaboost~

Probationary Member
Nov 25, 2002
Tuscaloosa, TuscaloosaAl
A freind of mine got a 92 tsi and wants to know if he can spray on stock motor? explain why or why not...and how big of a shot could he run?

I disagree. I have installed nitrous on many stock vehicles. In no way would the nitrous hurt a stock car.
Although I feel nitrous would be foolish for a stock DSM because so much power can be made with free mods and intake/exhaust for the price of a N20 kit or less and you wouldnt need to fill a bottle.

yeah i see but he has the kit already and wanted to slap it on its the zex dry kit

I used a dry kit with success, but on a GTI VR6 (put an otherwise stock car to 13.1 @ 105 mph with an 80hp shot) and a Direct port NX kit put the same car into 12.1 @ 111 mph with a 125hp shot.

I have heard of many people using them on T/E/L with good success on a stock car. Only problem is that it builds power so quickly most people with stock turbos end up with boost creep problems. What happens is that there is more pressure inside the exhaust manifold than there is in the intake manifold, this causes the turbo to spool way farther and faster thant he puny stock wastegate will allow. This would be a bad thing.

If you want to spray a stock engine, I woudl suggest an external wastegate at least to make sure boost levels stay were they are. We have had success with the Tial 35mm and 40mm in this application on various cars. (Miata Turbo 450whp, Typr-R Turbo 330whp) so it can work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back