The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Nitrous on a stock 6 bolt good idea or bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertm1212GST

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Spartanburg, South_Carolina
Alright guys I just got a magnus SMIM and has nitrous buggies on it. I know you can plug them but I was thinking about doing a 75 shot or something. Here are my mod

New oem stock 6 bolt with BS removed, PTE 50 Trim, Magnus SMIM, FMIC, FP 4" Intake, DSMlink, 850 Injectors, Crower 272's Cams, 3" exhaust, Walbro 255lph, Aeromotive afpr, 1g bov, ACT Flywheel, ACT 2600, -6an fuel line from pump to return.

Would this be a good idea or bad??? If good how big of a shot and should i do dry or wet?

Thanks

Nothings a bad idea if you have the proper tuning to go with it. If you have no way of monitoring or changing A/F ratios and the sort its definetly a BAD idea. Now on the other hand if you do, just make sure your tune is right and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Ive had 100 shot systems on cars with proper tuning that were bascially stock and never hurt it.

I knew i forgot something i have a LC-1 wideband with gauge.

So if i did want to do this should i do a dry or a wet shot?

How much WHP do you think i would get out of a 75 or a 100 shoot with a good tune?

ugh nitrous is a pain in the ass,but a wet shot for sure. its hard to tune with because there are a lot of different variables and just when you think you get a good tune the bottles almost empty , youll probably go through a few bottles just trying to tune it. Im sure it will take it like a champ but nitrous + turbo will put quite a bit of stress on your engine. you should probably go a plug colder try the bpr7es if you dont have them allready. with dsmlink you have alot more control over the nitrous and you should be fine with a 75 shot as long as you keep your boost moderate. i set my boost at 15 psi , with a 50 shot it shot the boost to 26psi almost instantly so be careful, are you internally gated or external?.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to do this because your intake mani has nitrous bungs already built into it then you would want to run a direct port system. To my understanding, when people talk about "wet" or "dry" systems that's usually a single injection point, not one for each cylinder (direct port). Also, most direct port systems I've seen(and granted, I haven't looked very hard) are wet systems, in that you're injecting both fuel and nitrous at the same time. As far as is it a good idea or not, I guess that's all in the tuning. The stock block has made 585whp, albeit on boost alone, but I'm not sure that making x horsepower on boost and nitrous is more stressful on an engine than making x horsepower on boost alone. What ever you do, I would start small and work your way up while making sure that your tune is dead on. I'm by no means an expert, so please anyone feel free to prove me wrong. Good luck, and just so you know, there is a subforum here dedicated to nitrous users ;).

are you internally gated or external?.

Internally gated... This was just an idea didnt really now if anyone had ran this before but i think im just going to plug them and look into getting a bigger turbo down the road. And later after i build a 6 bolt look into running nitrous. Thanks for all the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back