The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Nitrous nozzle install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSLO2PT0

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2002
Joliet, Illinois
I'm about ready to drill this hole into my throttle body elbow. The hole is exactly 2" in front of the throttle plate. NX recommends mounting the "Shark" nozzle between 2-6" before the throttle plate. Am I going to have any problems with the nitrous pooling? The throttle plate will remain open during the entire run (got tons of safety switches in line).

I'm running a MAF Translator in blow through mode. So I don't really have too many other options on where to mount this nozzle. The GM MAF is located right before the TB elbow. The silicon coupler off the GM MAF connects directly to the TB elbow, so no room for the nozzle there.

I'm just wanna know if I'm gonna have any problems with atomization with the nozzle only being 2" in front of the throttle plate.

Thanks,
Mike

Fuel pooling problems are old NOS rhetoric. NX nozzles do not do that, and I have personally setup cars with 150hp shot single nozzle where the nozzle is less then 2" from the throttle body and still no problems.

Fuel pooling is simply a thing of the past and will not happen on a modern kit. The only reason it's still talked about is because up until maybe two years ago nobody but NX made a nitrous kit that didn't have this problem. Once NOS and ZEX copied NX's nozzle design now they claim to have kits that don’t pool either. Wow, what a surprise.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt as well, pooling problems happen once in a while on certain cars. Race cars have problems with it once in a while but they are not the norm nor do they have results that are typical to most street cars. I personally have experience with anywhere from 35-100hp single nozzle on turbocharged cars, and 35-150hp single nozzle on NA cars. Never in either situation has pooling been a problem however both cars use NX kits as IMO they are the best.

Do you have the proper jetting for a turbocharged car? It's different then an NA car so make sure your not using NA jetting. NX kits are designed for 44psi base fuel presure and 0 vac in the intake, not 70psi and 25psi in the intake so you have to compensate for that in your jetting.

more info on the jetting please, ive never heard that before... is there a site or just personal experience, im currectly running what zex tech told me would be equivalent to a 100hp jet setting on 25psi . cant remeber exactly but i want to say a 44 n2o and a 26 fuel.

i also get max knock as soon as im on spray, got the knock tuned out on just race fuel but the second i spray i get max knock, ive even tried it on lower boost just cruising down the road just barely in boost, 3-4 psi, and go wot and instantly get max knock, any ideas...

ive tried a bigger fuel jet, no improvemebts....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back