The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Nippon Reinz head gaskets? good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990CherryTSI

Banned Member
Jan 24, 2004
Austin, Texas
They sell a gasket set from the headgasket up on partznet.com, has anyone heard of this one or used it? i'm thinking of getting this gasket set for all the extra gaskets and getting the 4 layer, but if this one is good i'll just stick with it. I also plan on running around 18 lbs so maybe the 4 layer would be the way to go. i'm gonna run arp also. main question, head gasket good or no?

use OEM...

I will not say NO that its not good, but i know that OEM gasket w/arp's is a great way to go :thumb:

I agree with Candela. For 95% of the people out there a stock HG installed properly, using the correct torque sequence, can't be beat.

See if you can find anything about them on the web. Chances are good that they're the OE manufacturer.

I don't know were you'd go to get _bad_ head gaskets anymore. It's not a very mysterious field of development by now.

Originally posted by Defiant

I don't know were you'd go to get _bad_ head gaskets anymore. It's not a very mysterious field of development by now.

Felpro.

That's interesting. After 35 years at this, someone finally is the first to say something negative about FelPro.

Well, someone had to eventually, I suppose. :confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back