The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Nicked brake line over shock tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StatikPulse

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario_Canada
I just noticed that I nicked one of the brake lines when repairing my driver side shock tower a few weeks ago. There's some fluid leaking when pressing the brake. It looks like it'll be PITA to replace without taking out the engine. So what are my options? Can they be replaced? Would an ABS delete be easier?

1) Replace the entire line. See if you can get the line from the dealer, or make your own.
2) Cut the line and use a compression fitting (not sure how safe this is, or if it's legal there).

Find whichever wheel it goes to and bleed it after the repair. Not sure how/why an ABS-delete would make anything easier at this point, but I'm also not familiar with the 2G's layout. As for the compression fittings, I've used them before with no problems, but I don't race or brake hard either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back