1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

NHRA welder?

Posted by 96WhiteTSi, Dec 22, 2013

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    I'm moving to Boise area and am in need of a cage built and installed on my 2g. Wondering if anyone in the area knows of a place.

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. RyanSaiki

RyanSaiki Proven Member

Joined May 16, 2010
    Kuna, Idaho
    i just had my 1g done last winter. A friend of mine did it that used to built complete chassis. he moved down to Glenns ferry but while i was still in the market for someone to do it at the time i found multiple places.

QualFab does nice work. Idk how nice or how much u want to spend along with mild steel or chromoly. IMO chromoly is the way to go.

3. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    Yeah, chromoly is the only way to go. I dont mind spending a good deal of money on something that will protect me in the event of a crash...

Thank you for the info.

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM