The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Newer Walbro 190 Dead???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I installed this fuel pump about 8k miles ago, my tranny died recently so i rebuilt it. Car sat for a long time, put all back together, cranks and doesn't fire. Think "alright, been sitting awhile, try starting fluid". Fired and ran for a couple seconds and died. I turn the key on and i don't hear the pump turning on. Its a Spyder that has had the fuel pump relay and module rewired for a 4g63 ecu. Ran fine before. could the pump be dead? Checked for spark also. Even when i have the cover off the pump access port i still can't hear it so that's what got me thinking it was dead. any ideas? thanks.

If I remember correctly , just turning the key on will not make the pump turn on? It will turn on while cranking.

You can apply 12v to the fuel pump check connector (1 wire black clip )behind the battery and see if the pump turns on.

It will prime with it in the on position on a 2g, a 1g needs to be cranking. Have you checked for voltage at pump? It sounds like your not getting power to the pump. Check that?

First off, why doesit have a 4g63 ecu? If you have rewired the whole car for that ecu, you might as well start tracing wires.

Now if the pump is just rewired, make sure you are getting power to the solenoid. If so, check power coming out of it going to the pump. If no power there, replace the solenoid.

First off, why doesit have a 4g63 ecu? If you have rewired the whole car for that ecu, you might as well start tracing wires.

Now if the pump is just rewired, make sure you are getting power to the solenoid. If so, check power coming out of it going to the pump. If no power there, replace the solenoid.

Because its turbocharged. The only part rewired was the fuel pump relay and module so have a constant signal instead the of the spyders usual "add more voltage depending on tps"

It will prime with it in the on position on a 2g, a 1g needs to be cranking. Have you checked for voltage at pump? It sounds like your not getting power to the pump. Check that?

Neither prime when the key is in the on position. That is unless your a 420a in which they prime with the key to the on position.

well then you do not have a 4g63 ecu.

Want to bet? Its a 1999 GSX ECU. Bought it for $40 from here. I ripped the ROM from it and it came up as a 99 Gsx.

Want to bet? Its a 1999 GSX ECU. Bought it for $40 from here. I ripped the ROM from it and it came up as a 99 Gsx.

I missed the convertible part. I was thinking that you had a 420a car. Have you gone back through the wiring? Have you checked the relay yet for the fuel pump rewire? Have you checked yet if you are getting power to the pump?

I missed the convertible part. I was thinking that you had a 420a car. Have you gone back through the wiring? Have you checked the relay yet for the fuel pump rewire? Have you checked yet if you are getting power to the pump?

Lol not yet man. I will when i get home. Might check the DSM to FIC adapters too since those cause problems, i'll just solder on the connectors and see if thats it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back