The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Newbie looking to buy a boosted AWD DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I drive the same in my car with or without people in the car with me.

That is very respectable, however if you read or watch the news, most of the younger generation is the exception. I see stories at least once a month of someone going way too fast for conditions (or just going too fast) and they lose control of their vehicle and wind up killing themselves along with others in the vehicle. PA recently changed their laws about people 18 and under with passengers in the vehicle. It is a step in the right direction, however there are still people over the age of 18 that are extremely immature. I can't even count how many times I have been on the highway and kid pulls up next to me and wants to run, I shake my head no hoping to set an example, but I know they will just try it with someone else, and that someone else will give in. :(

you get the break after age 25, is that 58 bucks for full coverage? if so thats a steal who do you go through?

Just libality, Allstate. I never got a break at 25, mine just went down everytime I would renew over many years. It didn't just dropped down or something because I turned 25. It did go lower over time, but it didn't just drop all of a sudden like most people say it does.

I'm 25 my insurance is $65 through farmers . But my first car was a 92 jeep wrangler insurance was $182 a month for liability at 16. I don't know if this has been said above but be weary of who you buy your car from as well. If you think the car has been beat to hell don't buy it try and find one being sold by someone who is older and doesn't sound like an idiot. I bought my gsx from an older guy I've owned it a month SO FAR.. I've replaced , The starter, the alternator, fuel solenoid, the sunroof, valve gasket, pcv valve, the speakers, and changed most of the fluids. I'm just now getting to the coolant system and my tranny might need to be rebuilt, and I could have a wheel bearing going out.... LOL

Just libality, Allstate. I never got a break at 25, mine just went down everytime I would renew over many years. It didn't just dropped down or something because I turned 25. It did go lower over time, but it didn't just drop all of a sudden like most people say it does.

you also live in oregon, some insurance comapnies give you discounts based on being 25 or older

I'm 25 my insurance is $65 through farmers . But my first car was a 92 jeep wrangler insurance was $182 a month for liability at 16. I don't know if this has been said above but be weary of who you buy your car from as well. If you think the car has been beat to hell don't buy it try and find one being sold by someone who is older and doesn't sound like an idiot. I bought my gsx from an older guy I've owned it a month SO FAR.. I've replaced , The starter, the alternator, fuel solenoid, the sunroof, valve gasket, pcv valve, the speakers, and changed most of the fluids. I'm just now getting to the coolant system and my tranny might need to be rebuilt, and I could have a wheel bearing going out.... LOL

+1 LOL and i also might need to get my trans rebuilt :cry:

unless you want a race car, i know how i drive mine, i probably wouldent buy from someone who drives their car like i do LOL. Then again, i have a built motor dsm which was sort of build for the purpose of smashing around:sneaky:

That is very respectable, however if you read or watch the news, most of the younger generation is the exception. I see stories at least once a month of someone going way too fast for conditions (or just going too fast) and they lose control of their vehicle and wind up killing themselves along with others in the vehicle. PA recently changed their laws about people 18 and under with passengers in the vehicle. It is a step in the right direction, however there are still people over the age of 18 that are extremely immature. I can't even count how many times I have been on the highway and kid pulls up next to me and wants to run, I shake my head no hoping to set an example, but I know they will just try it with someone else, and that someone else will give in. :(

I agree with him. I bought a 420a when i was 15 for only 600 with a spun bearing. Fixed it up, drove it around. Two years later, i sold my 420a and just finished rebuilding a 4g63. If you learn how to work on the cars yourself, you gain respect for them, and learn that they need to be taken care of. I am sure that it is normal for any guy to chip 2nd when your boy is in your car. That doesnt mean you need to go 130 mph down the highway. I love my dsm and i loved my 420a just as much. I do wish i kept my 420a and put a set of rims on it and cleaned it up. Just to have a car to impress the ladies in.

Well I was going to throw this into the Graveyard for repetitious questions on something that's been discussed about 200,000 times since the site began ten years ago, but then I saw how far it went off-topic and decided not to ruin anybody's fun....so this bi*** is Hangout-bound. :D

Well I was going to throw this into the Graveyard for repetitious questions on something that's been discussed about 200,000 times since the site began ten years ago, but then I saw how far it went off-topic and decided not to ruin anybody's fun....so this bi*** is Hangout-bound. :D

I like!

Lots of good educational/fun facts in here. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back