The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Newbie looking for a little local advice (1G N/T)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevM

Probationary Member
Jan 11, 2011
Austin, Texas
Hey guys, I know, there is a search feature. I've checked, it hasn't really helped me out to much, would love to get a little advice out of some experience.

I'm new to the whole tuning scene, I've always liked the 1G style since I was a kid.

I have a 91 Eagle Talon N/T. Thing is insanely clean, I practically stole it from this old lady back in california. The thing only had 80k miles on it when I bought it. Interior like BRAND new. Everything running great (with the exception of some wear and tear parts, as expected, I've replaced those). Shiny red paint with minor scratches, just a good lookin machine.

At any rate, I know 99% of people will say, don't waste your time modding a N/T 1G, but I'm pretty stubborn, and determined to make this thing a serious driving machine. Only thing performance wise I've done is put a flowmaster exhaust on it.

My question is, what would someone reccommened. I'm very much considering a bolt on turbo, in fact I will be doing that, but, I'm just not entirely sure what exactly I should be looking for. I found a thread about turboing a NT, it was rather specific, but there were so many parts there, I figure just purchasing a kit outright like the one here (http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...ode=CXR&Product_Code=TRB-KIT-4G63-1G-GSX-GT35) would suffice? I'm working with ~3G budget. Any recommendations, I do live in Austin, if someone wants to chill, meet up and take a look. I'll bring the beer if you bring the advice. Or just reply here :)Anyways let me know! Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I just have bad luck but the first turbo I bought for my 1g was a cxracing 16g....turns out the seals were bad in it and none of the bolts that came with the turbo fit on anything that had to do with the turbo....but like I said maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad one but good luck man:thumb:

with 3k.. umm
with 3k i built and swapped a 6bolt into my 93 talon DL!
It was actually really easy, despite what everyone says!

if you choose that route, i can help with advice and help with all the road blocks i hit!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back