The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Newbie doing a HG replacement in NE Ohio here... could probably use a hand or two

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pneumagger

Probationary Member
Sep 13, 2009
St. Pete Beach, Florida
So all the parts are coming in from partsdinosaur friday and I'm going to be pulling the head off. It's a 1G TSI AWD with 45k miles.
Basically just the head gasket and timing belt replacement. I've already even got a machine shop to check the head out for work if needed.
I'm pretty new to working this deep in an engine and could sure use a hand or someone whose done this before.
Heck, long as ya know what your doing just sit there and tell me what to do. There's even an autozone 100yds away if the shit hits the fan.

Pizza, beer, and car parts... sounds like a fun weekend to me :rocks:
There's also a nice shooting range down the street to plink @ when we need a break

Edit: I'm in the Cuyahoga Falls / Akron area just off RT-8.

hey whats up, I going on a cruise at the end of this week be back on the 26th if you don't find anyone too help you or if you don't do it by the time I get back pm me after the 26th. I'm 6 hrs away don't mind the drive and my fat ass loves pizza and corona, and I love guns. I just got done doing my brothers and laws head gasket a couple weeks ago. later jeff

Sounds good. I've got a 3 day weekend off work, so If I can ter it apart wed/thurs then that gives me 3 days to fix & reassemble. I hope it won't be torn down for a week, but it's possible. It's a DSM... when you pop the hood, you never really know what's going to happen.

One nice thing about owning my car is I'm 1 minute from an Advanced Auto, 3 minutes from an Autozone, and 5 minutes from a Home Depot.
The only 3 stores needed to keep the keep a dsm running forever. :sneaky:

make sure you read up on how too do a head job be for you do it,if you never did it be for. You have too break loose all the bolts in a special order and torque them down in a special order too not mess up the head. good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back