The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

newbee wideband question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonwinnell

Probationary Member
Dec 13, 2007
watervliet, Michigan
i just bought a wideband gauge and i believe my old o2 sensor is going bad. i have a narrow band gauge with an o2 on my mani but that sensor is bad and dont read anything. Can i just put my wideband in the downpipe where stock is and call it good or do i need a new oem one and put the wideband on my mani seperate. i have the apexi tuner but plan to switch soon let me know what you think thanks

damm that sucks because the oem o2 sensor costs me more than a autometer wideband cost me, so the best thing to do is put the oem on the o2 dump and the wideband on the back one because i have strait exhaust? and pulg my mani

ok so i dont need that because im not running a narrow band gauge and a wideband gauge.?.?.? im replacing my narrow with wideband. i bought a bosch o2 sensor but someone told me that it might not wour right because its universal and not exactly for my application. but i didnt know if i even needed it because i have a wideband im putting in this weekend. thanks for the help i know im a dumbass

Ya. This whole post makes no sense. Since you have a 2g you have to have a factory o2 sensor in your o2 housing. The wideband is only for the guage and tuning. Only on the 1gs can you use a wideband as an o2 simulator.

And dont use Bosch. They are garbage and dont give very acurate readings for your ecu and will more than likely give you a check engine light for closed loop operation malfunction.

Ya. This whole post makes no sense. Since you have a 2g you have to have a factory o2 sensor in your o2 housing. The wideband is only for the guage and tuning. Only on the 1gs can you use a wideband as an o2 simulator.

And dont use Bosch. They are garbage and dont give very acurate readings for your ecu and will more than likely give you a check engine light for closed loop operation malfunction.

Thats not true. AEM uses bosch for there wbo2's. Bosch makes good electronic equipment. Its used widely as oem parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back