The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Newbee needs help! Engine wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetburners91

Probationary Member
Mar 2, 2004
Mitchellville, Maryland
Well here it is. I just rebuild my 91 Talon that was sitting for 3 years due to broken timing belt; since I had the engine apart I deceided to upgrade to all performance parts from the tuning guide in this form - thank for all the great info! Put engine back together and she started right up with no problems. All timing points set correctley and went for a test drive and she ran fine at normal speeds but when I tried it with full throtle I noticed some hesitation and just figured it was due to the upgrades (cams, cam gears, hi-flow fuel rail, valve springs w/titanum retainers, 560cc injectors, super 16G turbo with everythng ported except intake mani, and many more just to paint the picture, so I figured the hesitation was due to the OEM fuel pump, so I replaced it with the 255 and when I went to tried start the engine, it blew the 30 amp ignition fues, so I replaced the fuse and it blew again, so I figured it had to be something I did wrong in the fuel pump install, after rechecking I noticed that the positive wire to the pump had slipped out and had been tightened in between the pump lid and caused a ground, so I repaired the wire, reinstalled the pump, replaced the fuse and the engine will now only turn over. I am getting fuel - I checked to see if the pump was working by the catch can method and ok, can hear the pump, then I replaced the fuel filter, replaced the FPR with a AFPR and nothing, checked for spark and I dont seem to be getting any spark so replaced plugs, wires, coils, power trans unit and nothing PLEASE HELP!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO or REPLACE NEXT LOL!

Did you check your igntion fuse?
If that's OK, & your car was running before your FP wiring incident, then you might have damaged your ECU--check for error codes at your diagnostic port.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back