The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Newb with a 4G63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diablo03

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2010
St Louis, Missouri
Hi,

I'm new to the DSM world and recently purchased a 90 Talon, with the intention of swapping the 4G63 into a 95 mirage. I would keep the talon, but alas I have a family and a two doors sports car is not for me.

I'm on here for tech advice and what not for the talon :)

I'm in the midwest and am up for any mitsu meets around :hellyeah:

Welcome dude. Expect to spend hours and hours digging into this site but its all here ;) Glad to have ya

VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions

Bookmark it, love it, cuddle it afterwards, this will be your best friend.

Why not just find a Galant VR-4 instead of going through the trouble?

Because I have always loved the older EVO's. this mirage sort of fell into my lap and the project began :hellyeah:

Thanks for the site, I found it once, but forgot to bookmark it:ohdamn: Now I have it

Welcome dude. Expect to spend hours and hours digging into this site but its all here ;) Glad to have ya

I expect to. I have already spent a while on here checkin out this and that.

Hi,

I'm new to the DSM world and recently purchased a 90 Talon, with the intention of swapping the 4G63 into a 95 mirage. I would keep the talon, but alas I have a family and a two doors sports car is not for me.

I'm on here for tech advice and what not for the talon :)

I'm in the midwest and am up for any mitsu meets around :hellyeah:

Wait, kinda lost me. So you have a 90 talon but you wants to swap the talon's engine into a mirage since you dont like the 2 door coupes? :confused:

Wait, kinda lost me. So you have a 90 talon but you wants to swap the talon's engine into a mirage since you dont like the 2 door coupes? :confused:

yes, you have it right.

I have a 95 Mirage and a 90 Talon. I love the 4G63 engine, but I need the convienience of a 4 door sedan.

So I am taking the engine from a 90 Talon and putting it in a 95 Mirage.

From what I've seen the VR4 Galants are harder to find, but they are way sexy.. Also think I saw that the OP was a fan of the 1st gen Evos, the mirage is a good candidate for a "kit car" so to speak for 1st gen Evos. There is one over here in Des Moines, IA that looks pretty decent.. It started its life as a FWD LHD Mirage and is now an AWD RHD "Evo".

From what I've seen the VR4 Galants are harder to find, but they are way sexy.. Also think I saw that the OP was a fan of the 1st gen Evos, the mirage is a good candidate for a "kit car" so to speak for 1st gen Evos. There is one over here in Des Moines, IA that looks pretty decent.. It started its life as a FWD LHD Mirage and is now an AWD RHD "Evo".

yes I like the evo better than the galant, plus, I do love to tinker with things, and this mirage was given to me for free (with a couple of cylinders worth of bent valves) :). it's how I learn.

I doubt I will be doing the RHD conversion, as i see no real practical reason for it.

You could also sell both and get your evo.

no can do! Can't buy anything prior to an Evo VIII in the states. I like the early Evo body styles

yes I like the evo better than the galant, plus, I do love to tinker with things, and this mirage was given to me for free (with a couple of cylinders worth of bent valves) :). it's how I learn.

I doubt I will be doing the RHD conversion, as i see no real practical reason for it.

Practical reason in my opinion would be that you're going for the look of an earlier model Evo, which would have been RHD, so you should want it to look like a real Evo! =D

That and the fact that RHD is just awesome, especially when others don't realize what is going on haha.

Practical reason in my opinion would be that you're going for the look of an earlier model Evo, which would have been RHD, so you should want it to look like a real Evo! =D

That and the fact that RHD is just awesome, especially when others don't realize what is going on haha.

yes and no. I do like the earlier models, but as far as drive thru's, ATMs and other drive up things, I don't see why I would spend all that time and money on RHD.

As cool as it may be. :hmm:

If you have any questions about the swap let me know, I've done the swap before.

Welcome! I see you're from St. Louis, so you should register on GatewayDSM in case you should ever need any local help or assistance. I really like the idea of a Mirage with a 4G63 / Evo body conversion. It's something I've wanted to do myself but I doubt I would ever be able to finish it.

If you're up for it, there's going to be a rather large Mitsubishi Meet in Columbia this next Saturday (the 19th). Happens once a year and is usually a pretty good time.

If you have any questions about the swap let me know, I've done the swap before.

Great! I'm sure I'll be calling on your assistance for something or another. Did you use a DSM engine, or did you import an evo engine?

Welcome! I see you're from St. Louis, so you should register on GatewayDSM in case you should ever need any local help or assistance. I really like the idea of a Mirage with a 4G63 / Evo body conversion. It's something I've wanted to do myself but I doubt I would ever be able to finish it.

If you're up for it, there's going to be a rather large Mitsubishi Meet in Columbia this next Saturday (the 19th). Happens once a year and is usually a pretty good time.

Yea I knew about the meet, but I sadly have to work next weekend. I went to the first annual one they held when I owned my Lancer the first time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back