The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

New York State Inspection/ ECU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndilo21

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
void, New_York
To start I'm not really sure if this is the best place for this tread so if its not I'm sorry. Here is my problem, it's kind of a long story so I will keep it as short as possible. I had a crack in my windshield and my inspection on my car was up so I needed to get a new windshield before I could pass inspection. I went and got the new windshield installed and when I went to pick my car up the battery was completely dead because someone had not shut my door completely and my interior lights had been left on the entire time it was sitting there. So I brought it home and charged it up. The next day I brought it to a Jiffy Lube to get my car inspected. My car did not pass inspection because they said my ecu had not been reprogrammed yet and all my sensors were failing the test. They told me I had to take it home and start it, then let it run for about 2 and 1/2 mins then turn it off, forty times, to allow my ecu to be reprogrammed. The only other thing they said I could do was come back in about 2 weeks and it should be fine by then. The only problem is that I can't drive around for 2 weeks with no inspection because I have already been pulled over 3 times and I don't want to sit there and start my car forty times cause that would probably kill my starter. Anyone know of a better way to do this or are those my only 2 options. Thanks for the help.

I have a 99 OBD II gst spyder with a 6 bolt swap. Because of the swap my cas had to be rewired which throws a check engine light. I have DSM LINK which solves the problem but if i go to get it inspected it wont pass because it says not ready. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

I have been having problems for year with inspections and trying to figure out how to get around them. NYS is getting harder and harder to get your car to pass. In order for me to get my car registered it had to be inspected so i had no other choice and i was out of options. I cantacted an inspection place and told them what the deal was with my car and asked if there was anyway it would pass or we could get it to pass. He told me NYS has what is called a "HARDSHIP INSPECTION". Basically what this is, is the inspection shop saying that they tried everything they could do to inspect the car and it still would not pass. You have to have spent over $500 in work to try and get the car to pass and it still failed... or atleast find a shop that will do that. But here is the catch..... Its a ONE time thing. You can not do this twice on the same car. Whatever your problem is needs to be fixed next time around... So as for now im inspected but back to zero next year if i dont find some answers.....

6 bolt swap.... the CAS had to be rewired so it throws a light and makes it misfire. It will not pass with the light on and i have DSMlink which turns the light off and fixes the misfire problem but if i run it with link then it comes up not ready.

Yeah guys i know i am going to have a problem or something like it cause i put dsmlink in the car about a month and a half ago and my inspection ran out in March. I didn't change the turbo yet it's still stock t-25. To get the inspection i plugged in my 97 stock ecu switch the spark wires back and thats it. I had the stock ecu hanging out of the side cause my eprom is bolted in and it passed. But like i said i didn't do the turbo or injectors yet (just zeroed the fuel table out) so when i change those would i be able just to plug in the stock ecu in next year or do you think i would have to swap the turbo and stock injectors back in. Or just one of them (injectors )i think... So it can run on 450cc and it should clear cause you don't have to rev it to far up where the air flow will throw a cel light just thinking and writing at the same time ....... There has to be a easy way out of this problem and to do it half way legit

Thanks!!

Ok so here is what i found that might fix the problem.... WITHOUT ANY ILLEGAL INSPECTIONS.

Do the resistor mod to your baro sensor. That will eliminate the cel. Also you can use a phase inverter for the signal from the 1g cas to the ecu so that the plugs and injector wires aren't switched.

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf

It is the second to last page on the pdf, will allow you to run the car without cas being inverted and with all your check engine lights turned on. As long as you have o2 sensors and highflow cat like me you should pass.

Let me know if anyone tires this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back