The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

New Year brought a New piece of $hit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
Check out the new car. I just traded my 1992 Civic for it. Everything is there, I just have to put it all together.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The little engine that will hopefully run when i put it all back together.

My Paul Walker wanna-be ride would be nothing without the "fart can"

Also to be a true Paul Walker I need a dope interior

And last but not least the huge pile of body crap that I will have to put back on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a poor little dizzum. hey. at least u saved it from its horrible ricer lifestyle as i can see.

Yes. It was destined to be every ricers wet dream.

I guess I don't wanna know the condition of your civic then after I seen this.

I dunno about having fun. Hopefully I can just get it going good and trade it for someone elses busted car.

Oh, the civic was a lot better i just didn't like it. I get bored when i don't have something to work on so i traded it for something to do.

i bet that guy is happy as hell to unload that pile. good luck on the clean up

I actually traded it from my step-dad. And yeah he is happy i think. He has had it sitting in his driveway for about two years. He never felt like fixing it. So i figured i would have a go at it.

I think your stepdad screwed you good on this one... You have some serious work ahead of you there. Why would you want all that work for a non turbo?

Hey not as bad as the one I am waiting on to be deliverd. Just a shell no suspension, interior, doors or hatch. Just a striped 95 tsi fwd shell.

Nice save! It is definitely a project. I would say, don't get your hopes up about that engine. Judging from the rest of the car, I would say it was ran pretty hard in its lifetime.

Itd be worth it in that condition if it was at LEAST a GS-T but preferably a GSX, but its an RS. Epic fail in every shape and form.. Could have sold the civic and bought a better "project" than that hunk of fail.

BUT!

I wish you the best on this project. You never know, it could be the next big thing in the 420a world, who's to say.

Well i don't think i got screwed because

1. I suggested we trade.
and
2. I wanted something to do.

It is kind of crappy but it will entertain me for a while. I never even drove the civic anymore because i have my talon and a saab 9-3. so i don't think i really lost on it. But like i said, it will entertain me until i get it going. I just wanted something to do.

I say props to you for having the ambition to want to get your hands dirty on a project like that, and its a nice sense of accomplishment to sit back and look at a project when its finished.

I prefer vehicles that aren't perfect, because you get them cheaper and I get bored too bored if I don't have something to work on.

Yes. I love to make something out of nothing. It makes me feel good to accomplish something.

And guess what??? It runs! Just fired it up and it runs. Needs a tune up though. Haha.

Yes i definitely need a bigger muffler. the 3" is way to small for that raspy little engine.

Anyways, I have no experience with the 420A so here is my question.

Which one of the two timing belt covers goes behind the timing belt?

Yes i definitely need a bigger muffler. the 3" is way to small for that raspy little engine.

Anyways, I have no experience with the 420A so here is my question.

Which one of the two timing belt covers goes behind the timing belt?

The one that has holes cut out. The outter cover is a solid piece, with an inspection slot to put the inspection cover on.

Ok. I figured out the timing covers but now i have another great problem. The key on the exhaust cam the keeps the gear from slipping has been cut off. Some jackass that used to own tried to do a head job and had no clue what he was doing. So now i get to drill it out and put a new one in. Yay. But still the car runs decent

Wow that thing is a pile.... gut it and fix it.

I can't gut it any further than it is ROFL

hey, i buy these cars in the same condition(except i buy the turbo models) and if you look through my threads, you will see what a few of them now look like, and all of them sold for over 4,000 in stock form. so do not be discouraged, with alot of time and hand labor, you will be set to go

I think I found a problem. I am still finding out for sure. But, I think there should be a MAF Sensor on that sweet intake somewhere and there isn't.

Yikes, all that money on investing into working on that, could better the AWD talon you now have. hmmmmm good luck Paul Walker

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back