The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

New wheels; old style

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Well, I had enough of black/gunmetal type rims, and never had another aftermarket set in any other color...

...till I stumbled across a member selling some old-school looking Volks in the classifieds. Checked the bank account, ran it by the wife, and BLAM; a whole new look was born. I had to source tires as I couldn't swing another 400+ past the wife for this pickup, and got a PM from a local(ish) guy selling 4 Proxes4 tires with some decent mileage left on them for 10 bucks a pop. :applause:

Excuse the pic quality as I was just snap-shotting on the way in to work for the before/after shots. :)

Opinions welcomed, but they aren't coming off no matter what you fools say. :p

Before:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After:

I like it Kris. They look like they can take a little more abuse than your old ones. What's the weight difference? Same size/width?

d

I went from 16x7(think it was 7 wide) to 17x8. Tires are 225/45/17 where the old ones were the same width, just a smidge taller.

I'm just glad to have set of wheels in good condition that I'm unlikely to see cruising around. I think they fit that "period specific" look very well, and I love the lip.

They weigh noticeably less, but I'm unsure of specifics.

Why's it so light looking in the front?

I like them but I think it would look 100x better with a different stance.

Gah! I need to cut and paste a stance reply as that seems to be the running theme on every forum. ;)

The shock/strut combo is GR2s with ProKits. I don't know if the bumpstops up front were cut for the drop.

The front end is missing PS, AC, crash beam...but that shouldn't be enough to have it that high.

Now all of you are going to have me out in 100+ weather trying to sort out the front end gap.

I hate y'all.

I'm starting easy and pulling the sub and spare when I get home to see if it levels out a bit. ;)

Gah! I need to cut and paste a stance reply as that seems to be the running theme on every forum. ;)

The shock/strut combo is GR2s with ProKits. I don't know if the bumpstops up front were cut for the drop.

The front end is missing PS, AC, crash beam...but that shouldn't be enough to have it that high.

Weird how a 1 inch difference in wheel size can screw with your eyes enough to make it look so different.

I doubt that weight out of the front is causing it. I have removed a/c, 1/2 of my crash beam, fog lights, cruise, etc, etc. Never noticed a difference.

They look good though. Need a closer shot of them.

Edit: Sorry about the weather :p

Yeah, Never really noticed it before today, but now everyone has noticed, and I'm itching to leave work. ;)

I'll get better shots.

Koni/GC and AGX/GC

:)

I need to soften the rear. I don't even have fillings, but one tried to fall out on a large pothole.

My excuses for the pic quality are as follows:
1. It was raining
2. Didn't switch lenses
3. It was raining AND windy ROFL

Yes, that's bird shit on the hood. I'll clean her up when the sun reappears.

Well don't they say it's good luck when a bird shits on you? Haha your car has plently of luck for the next year of it's life. Bahahaha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back