The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New User :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garret

Probationary Member
Aug 20, 2017
Apopka, Florida
Yo! Whats up everyone. My name is Garret. I drive a 1999 Eclipse GST. I'm in Orlando Fl. For the most part the car is stock, besides a front mount and exhaust. If anyone has any guidance to help me with my build id love that. I know a little bit about Dsm's not to much so its hard to get parts when i don't know what is the right part or just the quality of it. Every tip would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Garret
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The most important of things to do, is first, get all routine maintenance done. Once that is done, and only after, decide what you want from the car, what do you want the car for (street/race)? Only then, can you focus on building it without wasting money on parts you don't need.

The most important of things to do, is first, get all routine maintenance done. Once that is done, and only after, decide what you want from the car, what do you want the car for (street/race)? Only then, can you focus on building it without wasting money on parts you don't need.

Thats my main focus at the moment. But my car has 189k so it needs a rebuild anyways i just don't know much and people in my area who know about cars basically ignore me when i ask for help but its good to know that everyone on here is very helpful and good people. But if you have any recommendations on any part to make my car run better would be appreciated. And do you know a lot about the Dsm Link?

No problem, I love helping people with these cars. One of my best friends is from Miami (thougb he's in Virginia for a while), and he's pretty knowledgeable as well. Sadly I don't live anywhere close. If it needs a rebuild based on mileage, you'll have to inspect everything to ensure good serviceability. I would at minimum replace all rod and main bearings, all seals, gaskets, & o-rings, check the block and head decks for flatness, cylinder walls for scaring and probably get them honed or bored if needed with new piston rings, all new valve seals (and maybe valve guides if they need it), replace worn hoses, throttle body seals and gaskets, thermostat, temp sensors if needed. One important thing would be to also test your sensors to make sure they're serviceable. I might be forgetting something in there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back