The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

NEW user from israel, 1g eclipse :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RACEPAK1

Proven Member
Apr 4, 2016
RAMAT GAN, Europe
hi guys,

i'm new here, (a honda guy) and i just got my first eclipse (there are only 3 1g eclipses in israel),
its a 1993 with 150hp?, i think its a Canadian model, but it was imported to israel from the US, but not sure yet. maybe you could help :)

now... i need a engine for it and its really hard to find engines from DSM'S in israel, all i can find are 4g63 sonatas :( (arnt they like 120hp?)
i might rebuild the old engine but considering the car age and its unmaintained past and all the previous owners, i'm afraid to find cracks in the block, so for now i'm looking for a replacement engine just do i could drive the car,

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thanks

Welcome!

I've never seen a 1g with those pop up lights before are those slits custom? Can you get a close up I really like that !

Btw it's not a 93,
that's a 90-91
Have you checked the door stickers? Should tell you what year it is
Unless someone did a pop up light swap on it because you do have the later year spoiler

You can do a vin check to see what model you have or you can goto vfaq.com and use the vin decoder page for our vehicles

Take more pictures I wanna see this more more the better hah

Candian models don't have electric seat-belts (automatic)
where as American models have the automatic seat belts

Is this n/a (naturally aspirated?)
Or turbocharged?

Fwd or awd?

What's on the front fenders?

hi guys,

i'm new here, (a honda guy) and i just got my first eclipse (there are only 3 1g eclipses in israel),
its a 1993 with 150hp?, i think its a Canadian model, but it was imported to israel from the US, but not sure yet. maybe you could help :)

now... i need a engine for it and its really hard to find engines from DSM'S in israel, all i can find are 4g63 sonatas :( (arnt they like 120hp?)
i might rebuild the old engine but considering the car age and its unmaintained past and all the previous owners, i'm afraid to find cracks in the block, so for now i'm looking for a replacement engine just do i could drive the car,

thanks

Last edited:

thanks!
I've never seen a 1g with those pop up lights before are those slits custom? Can you get a close up I really like that !
afaik everything is stock on the car, i will get a closeup for you today :)
Btw it's not a 93,
that's a 90-91
Have you checked the door stickers? Should tell you what year it is
Unless someone did a pop up light swap on it because you do have the later year spoiler
the licanse says 1993 :S

You can do a vin check to see what model you have or you can goto vfaq.com and use the vin decoder page for our vehicles

Take more pictures I wanna see this more more the better hah

Candian models don't have electric seat-belts (automatic)
where as American models have the automatic seat belts

Is this n/a (naturally aspirated?)
Or turbocharged?

Fwd or awd?

What's on the front fenders?
i have manual seatbelts, its N/A fwd

Canada never had eclipses, only Talons to my knowledge. It's a 93-94 eclipse euro specifications, most likely german from the specific pop up design. 1GB in Europe retained the pop ups, with the difference of the 1Gb sporting adjustable height headlights as you can tell by the little strip in front of the pop up cover which is stock.

i dont know yet if my engine is a 6 or a 7 bolt, i'm pretty sure its a 7, are the sonatas 7 bolt?

Is that 284km? (176k mi)

Do a dry/wet compression test asap, tearing the motor apart and inspecting will tell you if you can rebuild that short block. There are differences in the oil pans between 6 and 7 bolt, there's any easy way to check. http://www.vfaq.com/mods/early-late-engine.html

Cool car and rare considering your location. International shipping is going to be your friend.

yes its 284.000km, the last owner told me its a 7 bolt, but i'm not sure, ill check tomorrow,
my plan is to find a 94-96 sonata engine and bolt it in for now,(is it a bolt on? or do i need to do some mods?) and when the engine will be out i'm gonna send the block to be magnafluxed and the head to be spotchecked and pressure tested. (as far as i understand my current head is better then the sonata head?) which one should i use for 500+?
if everything will turn out alright ill get some zero tick lifters and 0.50 over sized forged pistons and rods,
but as for now i'm still confused on all the 4G63 types out there, LOL
my car has a coil pack and i'm not sure if the sonata engine(havnt seen it yet) has a dizzy or a cam sensor......

thanks again!

i dont know yet if my engine is a 6 or a 7 bolt, i'm pretty sure its a 7, are the sonatas 7 bolt?

All The 1994-1996 sonatas had the 6 bolt motor setup... or at least in the U.S they did, besides the 6 bolts have the stronger rods anyway, you can always have the 7 bolt pistons machined to work with the 6 bolt rods, or just order a set of 6 bolt 4g63 dsm pistons to stick in the Hyundai block, then use your 7 bolt head with all the dsm sensors and you should be good.

Do you plan on turbo-charging your dsm, or are you keeping it N/A?

bummer, i need to check if our sonatas are 6 or 7, can i bolt in a 6 bolt???

yes i'm gonna turbo it, nothing major 5858 or a 6062,

That is the best looking 1g i have seen in a long time ...... I really want that front bumper lower lip extension and those damn pop up head lamp ( 1ga, almost ) setup. Glad to see someone outside the US with a early DSM product ....

thanks, i wasn't sure if the 6 bolt will be bolted on directly into a 7 bolt car, :) are the clutches the same?
thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back