The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

New (used) 2008 Audi S6 V10 - Help me answer some questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teknicalissue

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2010
Front Royal, Virginia
Now!

I know you all might be thinking 2 things. The first would be:

"Wow this guy has a lot of money if he can get S6" or "Why is he talking about Audi's in a DSM forum?"

The answers are....... I don't have tons of money, I just happened to find one for 12k with 67k miles in awesome condition (I guess you could say I'm lucky??? LOL). Still had to get a 72 month finance on it ;)

and the second answer is... I love you guys and I love the community. Sadly; The audi community on the forums are a bit... High strong? anywho; their personalities and mindset is not what I'm looking for.

Anyways, going with what I really want to figure out... I just bought this car and it's my first car with more than 4 cylinders. Granted, Maintenance is going to be a pain and costly which is why I decided... I'm going to tinker with it (Might not be my smartest idea).

So... I did some searching and there is definitely a very very small aftermarket parts for this. So first off.. this is a v10 car. do these cars need bigger injectors to run small amounts of boost? (5 - 6 PSI). Does 5PSI of boost on a v10 engine make any difference in power compared to a 4g63t engine boosted at the same amount? This car is one of those direct fuel injected cars which makes me ask... how easy can you change the injectors on this? does it even have injectors? LOL I know it has to things that look like fuel pressure regulators on both sides of the engine!

I think those should be easy "overall" questions to get a little understanding on this thing. I'll be doing my part and will be purchasing a service book for the Audi. Just doing some.... Pre-research on my car.

First thing is first... Where the hell is the pics!!!
And I believe the v10's have a 12.5 to 1 compression which is not very boost friendly unless you e85 that mother...
Either way I did a quick search of any "kits" that may exist and :tease:WOW talk about some money!!
But props to you on a beautiful ride Nun das ist Deutsch Technik

http://vf-engineering.com/r8-v10/
for an r8 but its 5psi and I'm sure results would/could be comparable

72 month finance on 12k? Good luck with that.
On the 5psi thing....pressure does not equate to mass flow rate directly. Its the same old question dsmers have asked for decades. Very similar to how much boost can I run blah blah blah. There isnt a correct answer to this question.

First thing is first... Where the hell is the pics!!!
And I believe the v10's have a 12.5 to 1 compression which is not very boost friendly unless you e85 that mother...
Either way I did a quick search of any "kits" that may exist and :tease:WOW talk about some money!!
But props to you on a beautiful ride Nun das ist Deutsch Technik

http://vf-engineering.com/r8-v10/
for an r8 but its 5psi and I'm sure results would/could be comparable

haha good point! I don't know why I didn't do that :p Here she is! (Also thank you for that compression bit... all the info I can get will push me one step further to tinkering with my audi :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

72 month finance on 12k? Good luck with that.
On the 5psi thing....pressure does not equate to mass flow rate directly. Its the same old question dsmers have asked for decades. Very similar to how much boost can I run blah blah blah. There isnt a correct answer to this question.

It's already financed :). Unless you're talking about how painful having a 72 month loan is.. then yea; that does suck :(

I don't think my boost question was clear enough. I was more leaning towards:

if you have a 4g63T and gave it 5 PSI and tuned it. and if you have an S6 v10 with 5PSI and tuned that.

Which platform would gain more power? at 5 psi The 4 cylinder engine? or the v10? or are there times a 4 cylinder engine could make more crank power @ 5psi than a v10 engine?

(and by power I mean power relative to the platform. IE; 4 cylinder engine gains 20hp while v10 would gain 40hp... not looking for hp figures though; I just want to know if the power gains are greater or less than in comparison LOL

My gut feeling is that a v10 would gain more power than a 4g63t running the same boost. Not wanting to know how much boost I can run on this thing or how much HP will I gain with said boost. Just a philosophical boost per cylinder question.

EDIT: the same question could be applied to a 2 cylinder ending @ 5 PSI too :)

if you have a 4g63T and gave it 5 PSI and tuned it. and if you have an S6 v10 with 5PSI and tuned that.

Which platform would gain more power? at 5 psi The 4 cylinder engine? or the v10? or are there times a 4 cylinder engine could make more crank power @ 5psi than a v10 engine?

My gut feeling is that a v10 would gain more power than a 4g63t running the same boost. Not wanting to know how much boost I can run on this thing or how much HP will I gain with said boost. Just a philosophical boost per cylinder question.

If everything else was equal more displacement (or more boost) wins. But nothing in this question is equal so the answer is unknown.

haha good point! I don't know why I didn't do that :p Here she is! (Also thank you for that compression bit... all the info I can get will push me one step further to tinkering with my audi :)

It's already financed :). Unless you're talking about how painful having a 72 month loan is.. then yea; that does suck :(

(and by power I mean power relative to the platform. IE; 4 cylinder engine gains 20hp while v10 would gain 40hp... not looking for hp figures though; I just want to know if the power gains are greater or less than in comparison LOL

EDIT: the same question could be applied to a 2 cylinder ending @ 5 PSI too :)

The only thing that comes to my mind to try and give you a better idea, not to answer your question is this, V8 cars run 6 to 8 psi and put down 500hp give or take due perhaps to their displacement. 4cyl car must run 30 to 40 psi to put down those numbers. Your car already comes with 400hp plus (not sure) so adding any psi would gain good power. To change or not to change the injectors, we really dont know. We dont know the size of the injectors that are on there right now. My guess is that you will have to change them out. Just speculating here. but remember this, anything you do to German cars and I mean anything is hard, time consuming and they are like a puzzle. Just to change out a head unit and some speakers takes time and its not as easy as taking a cover off four screws and there you go, no! So before you do anything and start tearing it apart google what your are about to do. Maybe is just me but I hate working on German cars eeew. LOL I dont know if that helps, I hope it does. But one thing is for sure I much rather mess with 20 DSMs that one audi, just the maintenance is ridiculously high not to mention upgrading, NO! just no. Just enjoy the car man, its a beautiful car, awesome ride with enough power and superb handling. Just trying to mess with the fuel trims is super expensive, change injectors and all that im guessing is off the charts. Its your car is your money and time, I wish luck and I hope you do have deep pockets to start upgrading, Im sure they would be really fast cars, heavy but fast.

If you think buying the car was a lot of money, wait until you get over 100k miles. I have a friend that is a euro mechanic. He only drives Asian cars.

The only thing that comes to my mind to try and give you a better idea, not to answer your question is this, V8 cars run 6 to 8 psi and put down 500hp give or take due perhaps to their displacement. 4cyl car must run 30 to 40 psi to put down those numbers. Your car already comes with 400hp plus (not sure) so adding any psi would gain good power. To change or not to change the injectors, we really dont know. We dont know the size of the injectors that are on there right now. My guess is that you will have to change them out. Just speculating here. but remember this, anything you do to German cars and I mean anything is hard, time consuming and they are like a puzzle. Just to change out a head unit and some speakers takes time and its not as easy as taking a cover off four screws and there you go, no! So before you do anything and start tearing it apart google what your are about to do. Maybe is just me but I hate working on German cars eeew. LOL I dont know if that helps, I hope it does. But one thing is for sure I much rather mess with 20 DSMs that one audi, just the maintenance is ridiculously high not to mention upgrading, NO! just no. Just enjoy the car man, its a beautiful car, awesome ride with enough power and superb handling. Just trying to mess with the fuel trims is super expensive, change injectors and all that im guessing is off the charts. Its your car is your money and time, I wish luck and I hope you do have deep pockets to start upgrading, Im sure they would be really fast cars, heavy but fast.
awesome feed back man! thank you for the reply!

I would just leave the car alone and enjoy as is if i was in your shoes. Specially since you don't have the money to throw at it.

I've been thinking about doing that too.. I have a problem and I admit it though LOL I just can't stop tinkering with cars XD Even when I bought a CR-Z and a Chevy Volt I was looking for ways of getting more power. It's that DSM thirst LOL ever since I blew my 1G, I've been wanting more and more speed :D

If you think buying the car was a lot of money, wait until you get over 100k miles. I have a friend that is a euro mechanic. He only drives Asian cars.

yea.. I'm a little nervous about that. just like Freedom dsm said, it's like a puzzle. Based on my research; I have to pull the motor to replace headers and/or cats (They are apparently one unit). I have the timing chain coming up as well as a carbon clean up and that alone will be some major $$$ that's for sure.

Just enjoy it. To much $$$ in the end.

Indeed; I love the feedback guys!

Save all your money for when the head has to come off to clean the carbon. (2-2500)

You're welcome! (I nearly fell into that trap on an impulse buy)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back